Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Need Your Advice

inday
04-10-2007, 05:16 AM
Our immigration application is approved and my family are scheduled to moved to Canada by Sept. this year. Since Philippines is rich in qualified english speaking workers, I am thinking of putting up a recruitment business in Alberta, home based. Do you think this is a good idea? What taxes should I be paying for this particular business?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

Tsveta
04-10-2007, 10:14 AM
That's a very good idea. A lot of people from abroad are trying to find a job remotely, so you will be the middle man. In what field are you doing to specialize?
As for the taxes.... the more you earn the more you pay basically... :o

inday
04-20-2007, 09:50 AM
Philippines is rich in skilled workers specifically welders, hotel and restaurant staffs (chambermaids, waiters, chefs and the like) who speaks very good english. I plan to focus on these. However, since I'm new in the place, I want to have a partner there who is more familiar with the place, its culture, etc. who could work hand in hand with me. We might even go there earlier than Sept., perhaps May. I'm praying for a good future in Canada.:)

srv
04-26-2007, 10:43 AM
If you work hard you will get what you want. It may sound like a cliché but Canada is a country of opportunities. Our taxes are still pretty high though. As far as I know Alberta doesn't have PST, which is a relieve... :)