Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : hello everyone

tammy
04-11-2007, 01:36 PM
i know u must get asked this all the time, but my husband and i have been thinking of moving to canada for some time now, we are getting very confused on the amount of info on web sites offering to help. the problem is we not getting any answers, such as if we go thorugh agent how much would the cost be? is it easy to get work? what is the easiest way to apply without it costing the earth? my husband as two trades areosapce engineering and gas engineer would it be easier:confused: to apply as a skilled worker? we also have two children one of which is a student of 18, would he be allowed to come. can anyone one help we really want to do this, also how long does the process take? what money do we need to have to move to canada, if anyone can give us this info that would be great. regards tammy. uk.

Tsveta
04-12-2007, 09:52 AM
Hi Tammy,
CIC web site can give you the most relevant information about the different ways to come to Canada: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.html
You can immigrate under the Skilled Worker Class Immigration. You can even use the on-line Self Assessment tool to see if you qualify as a skilled worker. You can check what the fees are and all the things that you have to consider before applying. You can certainly hire someone to represent you but honestly I don't think you need that; it is just extra money that you have to pay. You can apply by yourself like most of the people do.

Your child is still considered dependent if he is under the age of 22 and does not have a spouse or common-law partner or is a full-time student and is substantially dependent on a parent for financial support. For more info follow the link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/sponsor/index.html

I hope this makes it clear for you. Where in Canada do you want to settle?

tammy
04-12-2007, 01:33 PM
i got a few more questions to ask , money what are we talking how much do we need to take with us, how easy is it to get somewhere to live ie mortgage? we have looked at a few different places to live but the one that sticks out for us at the moment is ottawa or in that area, i looked at house rices and they seem more reasonable? but it all depends on where the work is, How much do we need to earn for a comfortable standard of living? can we apply for a visa through the web site u recommeded or is it better to do that through the embassey here? thank you for ur info tammy.:)

Tsveta
04-13-2007, 12:15 PM
The Citizenship and Immigration Canada web site gives you detailed information how to apply! You cannot apply online. You apply through your nearest embassy /consulate. The process takes about 2 years depending on how busy the embassy is.
You can check this salary calculator (http://www.jobagencies.ca/index.asp?p=13)for the average salaries.

newincanada
04-13-2007, 12:36 PM
If you earn $4000/$5000 per month you’ll be fine but it depends where you live. I am talking about the Toronto area.

tammy
04-13-2007, 12:47 PM
thanks u guys ,im sure ur info is going to help me get the ball rolling. tammy