Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Saskatoon

FrankieFourFingers
04-12-2007, 05:13 PM
Hey, I'm new to these boards, and I'll soon be new to a new place, and a new Job. I currently work in the Canadian Armed Forces, and I'm on my way out. There's no call for what I do, and even if there was, I wouldn't do it anyway. I'm looking to get into a skill trade, and I would like it to be carpentry. I've always liked working with my hands, and I even have a bit of experience working for my uncle, and a cousin doing various jobs, roofing, and puting up scaffolding, facia, soffets, and eave troffs etc. But, I'm still relatively fresh, so I do require pretty much an entry level job, with a possibility/probability of apprenticeship. Mostly to start off with, I want experience, even if it's just cleaning up, getting my name in the business, and starting a reputation as a hard worker, willing to learn. But I have an ultimate goal of being a certified carpenter, which I realize isn't necassarily an easy road.

I guess what I'm asking for is some advice, if anyone can give me, about the Saskatoon area, if anyone knows of any companies that are looking for guys like me. What the trade world is like in Saskatchewan. Pretty much any advice anyone can give me about work in this province, especially related to carpentry, is very much appreciated.

Thanks a bunch,
F3

FrankieFourFingers
04-12-2007, 05:29 PM
oops, posted a second, didn't realize that you had to wait to have things posted the first time...
F3

Tsveta
04-13-2007, 11:56 AM
Hi, Welcome to the forum.
It is not an easy task to start from scratch but if you are determined you'll do it.

I've searched google and I found this ad from Wright Construction Western Inc. which happens to be Saskatchewan-based general contractor: http://workingsaskatoonjobs.canada.com/texis/jobsearch/rssdetail.html?id=460e378349b6d0

Give them a call and start browsing the major job banks - monster.ca and workopolis.com; also try the yellow pages. Most of the companies advertise their business there and you can give them a call to introduce yourself and inquire about a job.

FrankieFourFingers
04-13-2007, 06:32 PM
Hi, Welcome to the forum.
It is not an easy task to start from scratch but if you are determined you'll do it.

I've searched google and I found this ad from Wright Construction Western Inc. which happens to be Saskatchewan-based general contractor: http://workingsaskatoonjobs.canada.com/texis/jobsearch/rssdetail.html?id=460e378349b6d0

Give them a call and start browsing the major job banks - monster.ca and workopolis.com; also try the yellow pages. Most of the companies advertise their business there and you can give them a call to introduce yourself and inquire about a job.

Thank's a tonne,
F3