Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Quebec - special rules for PR?

almo81
04-13-2007, 05:47 AM
Hi Everybody,

He're the situation. I've applied for PR Roughly a year ago, and since then, have been quietly job-hunting (without success, so far) based on a legal opinion I got, that Once I do get a legitimate job offer, Pushing through either a temp work permit or moving up the PR application would be simple and quick.

Recently, I've been contacted by a head-hunter with regards to a position in Montreal - A location I haven't considered before.

I have a vague recollection about some peculiar Immigration/PR laws in Quebec, but I can't find the reference.

Does anybody know if the rules are different in Quebec? if so, how?

Thanks,

Almo

Tsveta
04-13-2007, 11:38 AM
Hi Almo,
As far as I know there is no difference where you got your PR card from. You can work and live in any Canadian province once you got your PR card and your SIN. The following link will give you all the info you need: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pr-card/index.html
or better yet contact the Call Centre: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/call.html

Tsveta
04-13-2007, 08:31 PM
Hi Almo, this is a recruiting agency specializing in senior management: www.hawespartners.com/

almo81
04-14-2007, 12:42 PM
Tsveta,

Thanks, I'll contact them.

For the fees they charge (33% of the first year's pay) They'd better be good

:D

Almo

Tsveta
04-16-2007, 10:01 AM
Tsveta,

Thanks, I'll contact them.

For the fees they charge (33% of the first year's pay) They'd better be good

:D

Almo

Almo, I saw their fee structure and somehow I’m not so excited about them now. I'm sorry, I didn’t notice it earlier.

almo81
04-17-2007, 02:28 PM
Don't worry about it: Placement of senior positions is usually more expensive (to the employer, that is: Out here, it's typically 10-15%). And you can't fool employers on a regular basis - Either your candidates are good, or you don't get paid. Don't forget, recruiting firms get paid only for an actual placement, and even then,often the hired candidate needs to hold the job for at least 1 year.