Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Where is the best place for I.T jobs

Vic
04-16-2007, 12:58 PM
Hi was hoping if someone can put in the right direction - I want to come and work in Canada for 12 month - contract would do me just fine - I am from the U.K and have 6 years I.T experience - Can someone tell me where is the best place to find a job? Or what my First step should be to help me get a job there! Thanks to all in advance for your help!

contractor
04-16-2007, 03:54 PM
You can look for a job at the major job banks - monster.ca and workopolis.com.
where in Canada you want to go?

Administrator
04-17-2007, 10:04 AM
Hi Vic,

Alberta and Ontario are good places to start. Alberta has a booming economy and Toronto is a major business centre. We lack qualified IT workers in the financial sector. Most of the jobs in IT go through recruiters. This list of Canadian recruiting agencies (http://www.jobagencies.ca/index.asp?p=1&sp=1&pg=0&column=name&order=asc)will help you in your job search.

Vic
04-23-2007, 12:12 PM
Hi Guys - thanks for that information - i will def have to check out the I.T job pages - The area where i would really like to move to is Edmonton - Would people say this is a good area - i want to be somewhere - where things are still up and coming?

Tsveta
04-24-2007, 11:24 AM
Hi Guys - thanks for that information - i will def have to check out the I.T job pages - The area where i would really like to move to is Edmonton - Would people say this is a good area - i want to be somewhere - where things are still up and coming?

Alberta is a good place to immigrate. In the recent years the economy is booming there.

srv
04-26-2007, 10:15 AM
I agree with Moderator that Alberta offers many prospects although I've never been there. Ontario, Alberta, BC are provinces with high demand for IT workers.

adeel
08-20-2007, 02:18 PM
I agree with Moderator that Alberta offers many prospects although I've never been there. Ontario, Alberta, BC are provinces with high demand for IT workers.
Can you people help me Alberta BC , IT jobs vacancies . please send me URLs Thanks

bjlockie
10-18-2007, 07:59 PM
Most of the jobs in IT go through recruiters. This list of Canadian recruiting agencies (http://www.jobagencies.ca/index.asp?p=1&sp=1&pg=0&column=name&order=asc)will help you in your job search.

It would be really helpful to see lists of recruiters sorted by primary location.
I don't really want to wade through all the jobs a recruiter has when they are all in Toronto and I want a job in Ottawa. :-)

Tsveta
10-22-2007, 04:56 PM
It would be really helpful to see lists of recruiters sorted by primary location.
I don't really want to wade through all the jobs a recruiter has when they are all in Toronto and I want a job in Ottawa. :-)

A lot of agencies have offices in all major cities in Canada so you may want to check out their web sites.

aarathi
12-10-2007, 04:51 AM
You can find the right jobs in monster.com and Naukari.com.