Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Demand for Accountants

Mariam
04-27-2007, 06:09 AM
Hi,

Can you please tell me demand for Accountants in Toronto.
I have 12 years experience in Accounting. 8 years in the middle east. I have passed M.Com from India and working in ERP package. I know foreign experince has no value.
Still can you please tell me, can i get an entry level job as Accounting clerk in Toronto.

regards
Mariam

Tsveta
04-27-2007, 10:51 AM
You probably can. Why don't you look for job at monster.ca and workopolis.com and see what the demand is? Also contact recruiting agencies (http://jobagencies.ca/index.asp?p=1&sp=1). They may be very helpful in finding you a job.

bongi
04-30-2007, 10:46 AM
I think there is always a demand for entry level positions.

Mariam
04-30-2007, 01:23 PM
thank you very much TSVETA & Bongy

regards
mariam

Tsveta
05-07-2007, 10:34 AM
No problem. You have to pass a test to become an accountant here in Canada. You may have to finish some course that will prepare you for the exam and after you are certified, with your experience and credentials, you will probably get a job easier.

lana
05-09-2007, 10:54 AM
Hi,
During the tax season there is always huge demand. A lot of accounting companies are hiring contractors to help them do the taxes and go through piles of paper...Even though you have experience it is not in Canada. You have to learn the specifics of the job here. It will be a good idea to graduate from local school first. :)

Mariam
05-10-2007, 12:48 PM
No problem. You have to pass a test to become an accountant here in Canada. You may have to finish some course that will prepare you for the exam and after you are certified, with your experience and credentials, you will probably get a job easier.

Hi

Thank you once again for the reply.
Can you please tell me the details of the test I need to pass.
the web address, name of the course, and other details.

regards
Mariam

Tsveta
06-11-2007, 10:58 AM
Hi

Thank you once again for the reply.
Can you please tell me the details of the test I need to pass.
the web address, name of the course, and other details.

regards
Mariam

Hi,
this is the CGA of Ontario web site:
http://www.cga-ontario.org/

You can find all the info you need there :)

CanadianRecruiter
08-06-2007, 09:34 AM
Hi
There is a shortage of people with accounting skills. I would suggest that you contact several agencies and register with them. Be flexible - be willing to take short-term temporary assignments to get some Canadian experience and look into getting some Canadian qualifications. Many employers are already experiencing the difficulties of finding qualified people and are becoming more flexible themselves. Go through Workopolis and see which agencies are advertising for people with accounting skills similar to yours and apply to those agencies as well as those that specialize in providing accountants.

derek10rr
08-19-2007, 12:13 AM
Hi there, I am a Canadian, but I got my accounting degree in the U.S. I was wondering, is it possible to work in Canada doing accounting with a U.S. Accounting degree?

Thanks.