Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Catering business in Ontario

limberloc_11
05-07-2007, 09:39 PM
Hi All,

I'm thinking of starting a asian food catering business catering to lunches and dinner to local businesses, banquets and special events. I was wondering what is your take on the idea and how is the competition. I look for some info but not much is out there. This will be a homebase/family business so I don't even know if business is allowable.

Any ideas and if interested in some delicious fried rice/noodles dishes let me know.

Thanks

Tsveta
05-08-2007, 10:18 AM
I think it's a very good idea. You should check the local business in your area and send them sample menus. You can send them brochures, email offers, you can even send them emails with "today's special".

They may require receipts so if don't have a cash register you can give them hand written receipts. You may consider registering a corporation or sole proprietorship. The sole proprietorship is $60 and is very easy to register.

You should also check the local take out restaurants to see what they offer.

RSTech
05-08-2007, 05:06 PM
I also think it is a great idea. I'm in a lot of meetings and I get tired of the usual pizza or sandwiches. Some sushi or pork and noodles would be a very welcome change. I'm sure I'm not alone on this topic. Good luck.

limberloc_11
05-08-2007, 11:12 PM
Thanks. I will set it up soon. Is it a legit home base business and what are the rules and regulation for food catering? I will eventually hit the chatham area so RSTech watch out for me

lana
05-09-2007, 10:47 AM
Thanks. I will set it up soon. Is it a legit home base business and what are the rules and regulation for food catering? I will eventually hit the chatham area so RSTech watch out for me

There are certainly rules and regulations and you have to check that before starting your business. You can go to your local HRSDC centre and ask or check out: http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/home.shtml

Good luck with your business!

jojoba
07-17-2007, 11:13 AM
I have a friend who is catering food and lunches to local offices. She contacted them by email and she has orders every day now. She doesn't have a license and she lives in L.A. I don’t know about Canada.
You better check that before you start catering
:p

lookingforjob
08-03-2007, 12:36 PM
This is what I would do. First I'll research the market & competition, then research business costs, and finally I'll make a decision if this business idea is worth my time.

My advice is don't over think it, don't over analyze. If the business idea is sound just do it.

Marisa
04-23-2010, 02:24 PM
Hi All,

I'm thinking of starting a asian food catering business catering to lunches and dinner to local businesses, banquets and special events. I was wondering what is your take on the idea and how is the competition. I look for some info but not much is out there. This will be a homebase/family business so I don't even know if business is allowable.

Any ideas and if interested in some delicious fried rice/noodles dishes let me know.

Thanks

Have you ever been in the business?

limberloc_11
11-09-2010, 08:10 PM
No I havent and this will be my first time. Things are looking pretty good I got a few lunches in just renting a certified kitchen. Its good and lot of customer enjoy the food

lana
12-16-2010, 12:26 PM
No I havent and this will be my first time. Things are looking pretty good I got a few lunches in just renting a certified kitchen. Its good and lot of customer enjoy the food

Try to advertise that you cater for Christmas parties although my advice may be a little too late now...