Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Commute takes too long

aladin42
05-24-2007, 11:07 AM
Hi guys.
I found a new job which I really like. The company is good and prospects are nice but it is too far from where I live. It is close to the airport in Mississauga and it take almost 2 hour to get there using subway and bus. It is exhausting!
I am not too sure if I can there faster by car. Did anyone have similar problem in the past? What did you do?

contractor
05-25-2007, 11:55 AM
Where do you live? Can you use the GO train? I am pretty sure it will be faster by car, or if you really like the job and have no other obligations you can move and live closer to your office :)

aladin42
05-28-2007, 10:03 AM
I thought about moving closer to my job but I have a family and they don't like much the idea. Also I am at this 3 month trial period. I want to see what will happen after that, if they are going to offer me permanent position and then I can consider moving.

lana
05-30-2007, 10:20 AM
I get your point. If you move closer to your work and you have children check the local schools first. Move to area where the schools have good rating. Otherwise you will be closer to work but your children will go to a crappy school…

Tsveta
06-05-2007, 10:23 AM
Hi Lana, I agree with you. Sometimes we are so preoccupied with our job that we forget about our children’s needs. You can check out the schools in your area at http://www.tdsb.on.ca/_site/ViewItem.asp?siteid=127&menuid=523&pageid=407