Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : cannot get security clearance

oxysoft
06-25-2007, 10:55 PM
I have the same problem.

My family and I landed here in Canada last October 2006. We were staying in Cambridge, Ontario until I was offered a job in Ottawa as a technical support agent. I grabbed this opportunity so we moved to Ottawa. But now I want to shift back to my line of work. I was applying for work in one of Canada`s governement agencies and I was interviewed already. The interviewers told the agency that they want to hire me. But there was one problem. I do not have a security clearance yet. So I filled up the form that the agency gave me to apply for a security clearance. However, the department that handles the application closed my application for a security clearance because I was not in Canada long enough and the country that I lived in was not in their list. They said that I should be in Canada for 5 years before they can do the background check. It is so frustrating. I want to ask the immigration department about this or am I just wasting my time to ask them? Will our voices be heard if write in newspapers or something?

Tsveta
06-26-2007, 02:38 PM
Hi, this is normal procedure here. I am not at all surprised. You can always write to a newspaper but I don't know what the outcome will be. Please read this thread http://jobforum.ca/showthread.php?t=1615
it will give you a lot of useful information.

aniljoy
08-05-2008, 01:19 AM
hi how did you land in CA? because I also trying to come there in Edmonton as a Graphic Designer. If you don't mind can you please advice about the procedure? I am a Indian. you can sen in my alternate mail to anilpjoy@yahoo.co.in

torontozur
03-15-2009, 05:47 PM
hi how did you land in CA? because I also trying to come there in Edmonton as a Graphic Designer. If you don't mind can you please advice about the procedure? I am a Indian. you can sen in my alternate mail to anilpjoy@yahoo.co.in
I would recomend you try Calgary for that