Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Paying someone to make a resume

Ladyluck
02-21-2006, 07:44 PM
Is it worth paying someone to design a resume for you?
I can write all my details in, but it is the initial design I have trouble with.

Although I am not seeking employment right now, I like to always have an updated resume in case something comes up.

Should I hire someone to make it for me?

Administrator
02-22-2006, 09:13 AM
I would suggest finding a couple of free resume writing examples online and learning how to do it yourself. The reason for this is that different jobs have different requirements and you have to tweak your resume for every new job position you are applying.

You can use paid resume service just to get the basic structure of your resume, but from this point on the resume will require constant changes and updating.

Ladyluck
02-22-2006, 07:23 PM
I would suggest finding a couple of free resume writing examples online and learning how to do it yourself. The reason for this is that different jobs have different requirements and you have to tweak your resume for every new job position you are applying.

You can use paid resume service just to get the basic structure of your resume, but from this point on the resume will require constant changes and updating.

Yes, I am mostly talking about the layout.
I am happy to tweak the resume to my particular needs.

I could try some templates, however I find most of them to be pretty generic.

Do you have any links I could look at?

Tsveta
02-22-2006, 08:46 PM
You can have a look at some resume samples: http://www.jobagencies.ca/ for Bank, IT, Legal, High School, Office, Graduate and Sales. Hope this will help.

Ladyluck
02-26-2006, 04:12 PM
There are some great examples there!

Although I wont copy those, I think using them as a base is a great idea, saves alot of time and I think they are known to be successful resumes, which eases the mind a little.