Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Part Time Study

Ladyluck
02-22-2006, 07:24 PM
Is part time studying a good idea?
I would like to study 2 nights a week, however I know the course will drag on for 2 years like this.

Im not sure if studying part time is worthwhile, any opinions?

Mike
02-22-2006, 08:49 PM
Well, like you said it will take a long time to get things done when putting low amounts of time into it. Better late than never though. Maybe if you spend the small amount of time you are willing to commit to now, it will grow into more at a later time when you shedule frees up more, or if you develop a passion for your studies, whatever your case may be.
Personally, being a single father, part time studies are about my only option if I want to get any more schooling done, so yes it is worthwile for me... I'll get there eventually, and when you have kids time just flies by.

Tsveta
02-22-2006, 09:32 PM
I agree with Mike, better late than never. Have you considered getting a loan and finishing you course in shorter period?

Tim
02-26-2006, 05:37 PM
Often money is not the issue with studying, it's just time.

I think part time is good idea, it is better than nothing.
The great thing is that you won't be overloaded with work and you will still have time to live normally, unlike if you were studying full time.

lowlight22
02-28-2006, 10:02 PM
Online study is another option. I have been looking into this myself and am finding out more information.

I dont know what it costs, but I know the hours are very flexible.

Ladyluck
03-29-2006, 05:49 PM
Online study is another option. I have been looking into this myself and am finding out more information.

I dont know what it costs, but I know the hours are very flexible.

That sounds interesting and even more flexible than real part time studying.
I will look into it!