Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed on my PR

kewlca
08-27-2007, 11:34 PM
Hi,
I am in USA currently on a work visa and few years ago I applied for my PR to Canada. Last month I got my final approval and I was asked to send my passport for stamping in another 15 days. Here is the problem, I am Single and in the approval letter they have told me if at all I hope that my status (marriage status) changes before I land in Canada (meaning if I plan to get married before landing to Canada), I need to inform them earlier so that they will advice me appropriately. My situation is I am planning to get married sometime in the next 6-8 months but not really sure when, I am totally confused on this as I would like to get my Canadian PR and continue in the USA for few more months as I want to get things completed here before me moving to Canada, and by that time I will be married and would like take my wife along with me to Canada.
Once I get my PR card in Canada, Can I come back to USA, get married here and then add my wife in a few months as a dependency from USA?. So that we could move to Canada together? Can any experts using this forum can help me whats the right thing to do? I will very much grateful if anyone can shed some light on this as my deadline in submitting my passport is fast approaching.
- K

Tsveta
09-10-2007, 10:42 AM
You can land in Canada and go back to USA to get married and then apply to sponsor your wife. It may take from 6 months up to a year to get her papers so this is why they were asking you if you are planning to bring along your girlfriend. If you get married now her papers will be processed faster and you can land together.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp