Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : work at home

laborfinder
02-24-2006, 12:32 PM
Some people are making some money off of the google adsense program.
If you can come up with a website that people will visit, you can make money when they click links on your site. the links are usually relevent to the subject matter of your site. You can do a search on highest cost keywords and see what subject matter you could make you website about.

anyone can do this, even for free if you can find a free web host that doesn't interfere with the google ad. even if they do, you can still put a google search bar on your site and suggest visitors use it to find more relevant information.

If you make enough, you won't need a real job, just keep up with what is the highest returning keywords.

Good Luck

Ronin
02-26-2006, 04:11 PM
I can imagine making a few pennies from this, but enough to quit your real job?

Hmm, as nice as that would be, how could one do it?

Isaac
03-04-2006, 11:52 PM
The trick is finding a good niche where you can get a lot of traffic. Search engine optimization is key. Building up your website's PR is important. If you can manage to build up a website with high traffic with a specific category, you can pull in some good income through adsense.

Jon
03-05-2006, 09:27 AM
As I've stated in another thread, YPN (Yahoo Publisher Network) is receiving better payouts, if lower Click Through Rates.

trappercase
03-07-2006, 12:41 PM
It would be nice if you could replace you "workin' for the man" income with Google adsence income, but you would need a ton of visitors. I moderate on a forum where I get one fifth of the revenue. The membership is over 6000 and several hundred unique visitors daily. I get about $125 a month and I feel lucky. I think affiliate ads would be the way to go.

mousellaneous
03-18-2006, 10:08 PM
The most important factor with making enough money on the internet to live on is multiple streams of income! Ebay, affiliate programs, etc. Use them all! That way when one thing goes stale you have others to fall back on. For example, most every ebay powerseller always has 3 other items in the pipeline to sell in case one fizzles out. What is hot today may not be tomorrow.

whitey
03-19-2006, 04:35 PM
It would be nice if you could replace you "workin' for the man" income with Google adsence income, but you would need a ton of visitors. I moderate on a forum where I get one fifth of the revenue. The membership is over 6000 and several hundred unique visitors daily. I get about $125 a month and I feel lucky. I think affiliate ads would be the way to go.

wow!
That's a big forum but still quite a low income.
Perhaps there are other ways you could earn from the forum, eg charging people to place their banner ad on the site?

Just an idea for you there, sorry to veer off topic :)

trappercase
03-19-2006, 10:06 PM
wow!
That's a big forum but still quite a low income.
Perhaps there are other ways you could earn from the forum, eg charging people to place their banner ad on the site?

Just an idea for you there, sorry to veer off topic :)

That is definitely in the works. That is up to the owners of the forum and I am just a moderator. But they say it's coming.

Tim
05-11-2006, 07:01 PM
Wow nice idea!
Hey, how did you get the mod job?

You're doing a great job of it anyway :)

workaholic
05-16-2006, 10:31 PM
Wow nice idea!
Hey, how did you get the mod job?

You're doing a great job of it anyway :)

I think forums are always looking for moderators but usually it is a volunteer position where you are paid with perks. I think if you do a Google search for paid forum moderators or moderator jobs, then you'll be able to find some.

Ladyluck
05-21-2006, 05:57 PM
Wow I cant imagine being paid to moderate, how awesome :D
I imagine only the really big forums could afford to pay their workers though, the rest would be volunteer.

kopenhagen
05-22-2006, 01:32 PM

what do you advertise? how do you generate your traffic?

Ladyluck
05-28-2006, 09:45 PM
what do you advertise? how do you generate your traffic?

I cant speak for him, but traffic can be generated several ways.
The main ways are word of mouth, posting in forums like this one, and submitting articles to directories :)

lookingforjob
05-29-2006, 12:33 PM
You can drive traffic through search engine optimization too :)

April
05-29-2006, 10:06 PM
You can drive traffic through search engine optimization too :)

True true... takes time though!
But its free and you dont have to do a whole lot besides get some links to your website and keep your site updated :)