Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Looking for JOb at Canada(pls help me)

joery_97
09-01-2007, 07:17 AM
Hello Everyone,.. Im just a new member here someone referred me this site on how to find job at canada. Im here at Dubai and working at one of the great Company here as Accountant clerk. I ask my Canadian email buddy on how to apply at canada at any position. Id like to work at any kind of work, even just a security guard, a helper, a caregiver. Please help me of this could go through.
What is the first step I will do, in coming to canada and look for work?
Hope for everyone's concerned here.
Thank you..
God bless.

Joery

Tsveta
09-10-2007, 10:28 AM
Hi, welcome to jobforum. Here you can find all the info you need: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/index.asp

ibarif1
12-13-2007, 05:16 PM
If you are Canadian immigrant or you will be, the fast way I can suggestion is working through staffing agencies.

Please see bellow a agencies list and some of the web sites that helps.

Another thing, if I can suggest you, it is to come to Ottawa. I believe, it is the best city and great opportunities for immigrants to work for Government.

When I say immigrants, I'm talking about the ones who are willing to work hard to make their lives better, and not the ones who stay home and keep saying: "ah, it is easy for Canadian to get a jobs but not for immigrants".

Keep in mind, yes it is easier for Canadian to get a job than for us (immigrants). Why, because first we come from different environment (I don't want to use the word culture because it might be wrongly understood by some ones).

First we need to:
1- understands the Canada's environment;
2- Good communication is required in this country;
3- Be positive and not negative, even you send your resume 100 times a day and no one offer you job, not a problem keep sending, at some point someone will hire you for sure.
4- before sending your resume, it needs to be reviewed and adjusted the way managers will say: ”yes, this one is good fit for our position ”
5-willing to take and give: means here by take is non-stop learning and give non-stop helping….

I hope it helps; I’ll be able to clarify more in my next message

hilario
02-02-2008, 06:36 AM
:)canada is best for working environment sample here in asia wanted to go t canada just for work..ay agree with you

DureNeurb
12-19-2009, 09:09 AM
Im looking for any type of job. Mainly Im looking for one that is tech related but I will settle for another if its good enough pay.

No minimum wage jobs though and resume can be emailed if requested.

jacked_J
10-04-2010, 05:44 PM
Beware of "agencies". Lots of them are scams. They ask you to pay an application fee and so on. Pay for this and that. Even pay just to submit a resume to a potential employer. Then they say you got the job and so on. To fly to Toronto/Vancouver/Montreal on a certain date. They confirm that they will pick you up, but first you need to pay the fee for them to pick you up. You also pay your own ticket.

You arrive in Canada. No one showed up. Life in Canada begings as a homeless person.

Be very very very careful.

My suggestion is to take a one year program at a local college in Canada. It might cost a few thousand but it's safe. And the cost is about the same as what the agencies charge you to help you get a job. Second, when you graduate after a year, you get a 3 year working permit and you can work anywhere in Canada.