Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Do not take the bread out of another workers mouth

michaelsmith
09-26-2007, 06:04 AM
One day I went out to look for work. I went from place to place, but could not find a job. In the afternoon, I came to a factory. I went into the office building and opened the door of a big room. There I saw a fat man sitting at a desk.
“What do you want?” the man asked. “I am looking for work.” answered Bob. “Any kind of work?” the man said. “Any kind of work, please. I am strong, you see.” I said.
The man looked at me for a long time and then he said, “We have got enough workers. We want no more. Get out!”
I turned around. When I was going to the door, the fat man said, “Look, do you see the man over there?” He pointed to a man outside the window, “I give him five dollars a day. I will only give you four dollars a day. Do you want his job? He is getting old.”
For a long time I said nothing. I thought of my wife and children. But that worker had his wife and children, too. Finally, I said, “No, I don’t want the job!”
I think I was right. I didn’t want to take the bread out of another worker’s mouth.