Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : passport/visa question

jason
02-28-2006, 01:07 PM
Hi, I recently got a letter from the embassy that I need to send my passport back to them and they’ll return it with the visa. (I have applied for skilled immigrant/worker visa permit) I’m worried that it can get lost in the mail on the way back. Do you know if they use courier to deliver it? My current job requires a lot of travel abroad and I need my passport. Does anyone know how long it takes the embassy to send it back?

Thank you

Tsveta
03-01-2006, 09:38 AM
I think it takes from 2 weeks to 1 month to get it back, depends on how busy the embassy is. You can call them to confirm.

jason
03-02-2006, 08:26 AM
Thank you Tsveta, It is very difficult to get a hold of the embassy. They don't give out their telephone numbers only a fax number....

Tsveta
03-02-2006, 08:47 AM
Here is a list of all the Canadian embassies and consulates with all their contact information. http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/world/embassies/menu-en.asp

lookingforjob
03-09-2006, 02:17 PM
Thank you Tsveta, It is very difficult to get a hold of the embassy. They don't give out their telephone numbers only a fax number....

It depends on which embassy it is; I mean in which country. For example the Canadian embassy in Romania has lots of immigration applications and it's hard to get a hold of somebody on the phone there. The Canadian embassy in Austria on the other had, doesn't have that much immigration applications and you can talk on the phone to a real person there ;)