Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Relaxation Techniques

lowlight22
02-28-2006, 09:53 PM
I get very nervous before and during interviews.
What are some techniques I can use to relax?

I try deep breathing, but I cant exactly do that while someone is talking to me :)

Bronco
03-01-2006, 04:46 PM
Sounds stupid, but i talk to myself.
Not out loud, but in my head. I tell myself they are just people, and we are just having a conversation, just like any other conversation.

This does help me to relax, and be myself in an interview.

SDuncan
05-01-2006, 08:48 AM
I have a friend who gets sick before an interview or a test. It’s very stressful for her I guess but as Bronco pointed out "they are just people". What's the worst that could happen? They won't hire you maybe, well the next employer will!

lookingforjob
05-01-2006, 01:37 PM
If you are prepared for the interview, you will be more relaxed in general. Research the company as much as you can before the interview, prepare a list of questions to ask them, and refresh your memory in technical areas where they can check your knowledge. If you do that you don't have any reason to be nervous.

newincanada
05-02-2006, 12:24 PM
If you are prepared for the interview, you will be more relaxed in general. Research the company as much as you can before the interview, prepare a list of questions to ask them, and refresh your memory in technical areas where they can check your knowledge. If you do that you don't have any reason to be nervous.

You are right again lookingforjob, Prepare well for the interview and relax. Be confident and do the best you can, the rest you can't control.

SDuncan
05-03-2006, 08:25 AM
I get very nervous before and during interviews.
What are some techniques I can use to relax?

I try deep breathing, but I cant exactly do that while someone is talking to me :)

Imagine warm sandy beaches, palm trees, calm water, gentle breeze, it will help you feel free :p

anderson
05-05-2006, 09:33 AM
I don't have much experience because I haven't been to a lot of interviews but I would recommend you to print out all the interview questions you can think of with all your answers, read them before bed and have a good night sleep.
Not very exciting reading though.
:o

Luke333
05-10-2006, 09:55 AM
* First, plan things in advance in your head. Imagine that you get up on interview day, eat breakfast, go to the interview, etc. Part of the mental preparation is to imagine yourself preparing, going, and attending the interview. If you do this, the day of the real interview, you won't have to think what to do next, you'll just know.
* Second, prepare for your interview. Go through the job posting, your cover letter, your resume, interview questions, etc. The more prepared you are, the more confident you will be, and the less stress you will feel.
* Third, have a good night of sleep and wake up the next morning fresh and optimistic. It's all in your head. Don't dread the interview. Instead, look forward to meeting your new co-workers.
* Fourth, make sure you arrive to your interview few minutes early. Nothing is more stressful than running late on interview day and having to justify yourself.

Tim
05-11-2006, 07:10 PM
* First, plan things in advance in your head. Imagine that you get up on interview day, eat breakfast, go to the interview, etc. Part of the mental preparation is to imagine yourself preparing, going, and attending the interview. If you do this, the day of the real interview, you won't have to think what to do next, you'll just know.
* Second, prepare for your interview. Go through the job posting, your cover letter, your resume, interview questions, etc. The more prepared you are, the more confident you will be, and the less stress you will feel.
* Third, have a good night of sleep and wake up the next morning fresh and optimistic. It's all in your head. Don't dread the interview. Instead, look forward to meeting your new co-workers.
* Fourth, make sure you arrive to your interview few minutes early. Nothing is more stressful than running late on interview day and having to justify yourself.

Great techniques luke!
This post should be a sticky, thats awesome.
Thanks, should help alot of people out.

lookingforjob
05-12-2006, 11:31 AM
Great tips Luke! Just one more thing worth mentioning. Do not arrive for the interview too early, as this is a classic sign of desperation.