Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Saving money is key for the self employed!

Isaac
03-02-2006, 09:18 PM
When you are self employed, it becomes even more important to make sure you save money wherever you can! Here are some great every-day money saving tips:

http://www.ideamarketers.com/library/article.cfm?articleid=77636

These tips will really help keep that self employment put to good use!

Julie
03-02-2006, 10:26 PM
I agree with saving money, though I don't agree with always buying the cheapest products!
You still have to live a healthy life, and unfortunately the cheaper brands usually are inferior, especially when it comes to soaps and washing products etc.

My saving suggestions are much larger and long term - ie you don't need a flashy car, so get something small and economic.

Always make your lunch instead of buying, perhaps buy lunch once a month for a treat.

Dont join a gym - exercise at home by walking and riding a bike.

Those are just a few tips! :)

lana
03-31-2006, 01:09 PM
I don't agree with most of the tips in that article. It is just not healthy to use the cheapest bath products. The skin is the largest organ in your body; a lot of toxins enter the body through the skin. If you can't eat it don't put it on your skin. And besides how much will you safe? I am a healthy food enthusiast and I think that you can safe significantly if you don’t buy a new car, like Julie said, instead of buying the cheapest soap and food.

Why do self-employed need to safe more?

Toni
04-01-2006, 01:49 PM
Very desperate person wrote this article. I don’t see how you are going to wash your clothes with hand soap…. You’ll have to buy new clothes very soon if you wash them like that.

Ronin
04-03-2006, 01:38 AM
Very desperate person wrote this article. I don’t see how you are going to wash your clothes with hand soap…. You’ll have to buy new clothes very soon if you wash them like that.

lol, thats so true. Really its not a good idea to do that.
Sure, saving money is a good thing but there is a line you need to draw.

Bronco
04-05-2006, 07:03 PM
People just cant help wasting money on things, it human nature.
You get excited when you get something new.

I set myself a $20/week budget. Seems to work well for me :D

Paul
04-07-2006, 12:04 PM
People just cant help wasting money on things, it human nature.
You get excited when you get something new.

I set myself a $20/week budget. Seems to work well for me :D

I don't know $20 per week is only the coffee. I usually spend at least $50 for snacks and stuff. I often prepare my own lunch and go out with my colleagues on Friday for lunch.

Simon
04-11-2006, 02:10 PM
I feel I should say something too. First of all this "saving tips" made me laugh. Come on "drain your bottles"....You should earn more. This is not saving, this is misery. Find a better paid job.
Anyway I think I've made my point.

And I agree with Paul; bring homemade lunch and go out on Fridays instead of buying lunch every day. This can save you up to $100 a week.

Tsveta
04-12-2006, 10:16 AM
I can see this is a hot topic :)

I don't think there is a difference between self-employed and permanent employed. We all want to cut our expenses and save more, but we have to be reasonable. :cool:

kokhua
04-14-2006, 12:35 AM
When you are self employed, it becomes even more important to make sure you save money wherever you can! Here are some great every-day money saving tips:

http://www.ideamarketers.com/library/article.cfm?articleid=77636

These tips will really help keep that self employment put to good use!

I not really encourage saving money is an all important way to success for a self employed. If you don't earn any and how are you going to save? I would say effective management on accumlating more money and spend it on useful investment and resourceful tools is the key way to generate more income and spend wisely on the money that you earned. No income will increase only by saving. Saving can only help you maintain at a safe position by not overspending and gone into debt. It will not help you to generate more income.

Bigscope Job For You! (http://www.bigscope.com/int.htm):)

workaholic
04-16-2006, 01:24 AM
Well the article was shelved into their archives so I couldn't see it.

The best advice is to not spend more than you earn. Cut up the credit cards. The interest rates will kill you.

Another good idea is to buy a deep freezer and buy meats and such in bulk when it's on sale and freeze it. You can also make your own tv dinners with left overs by freezing them in plasticware.

sleek
05-09-2006, 09:30 PM
Cut up the credit cards AFTER you've paid them off ;)

I recently got a debit card, it allows me to use credit but its my own money - much better than a credit card.
________
storz & bickel volcano vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/volcano-vaporizer)