Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : IT contractors in Canada and money

engneckar
10-22-2007, 11:54 AM
hi,

I'm the new member of the day:), I have a question concerning money and IT developing in Canada.

At the moment, I'm living and working in Belgium, centre of the European Union:), as a developer on SAP systems, with 2 years of experience.
I want to come to Canada to work and live there, so I'm looking for a job opportunity as an SAP ABAP analyst / programmer, as a contractor or as an employee.

what prices can you expect as an IT contractor in Canada?
In Europe, you can start with less then 1 year of experience, and at the moment, the recruiters offer 45 to 50EUR per hour,
with more then 2 years of experience, the price rises up to 65EUR, and with 4 years of experience, a contractor can ask more then 75EUR an hour,

is this similar in Canada? 1.5Cad = 1EUR

today, I saw IT joboffers for IT with 30 to 40Cad per hour. Is this for contractors or is this for employees?

thanks for answering,

Erik

Tsveta
10-22-2007, 04:45 PM
Hi,
I am not sure you can get the equivalent of 75 euro per hour here in Canada but you can try to contact some recruiters and some companies dealing with SAP. Did you try to look for job offers at workopolis.com and monster.ca?
Also try employment agencies (http://www.jobagencies.ca/index.asp?p=1&sp=1). Most of the jobs in IT and SAP go through recruiters.