Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Best University?

Isaac
03-04-2006, 11:54 PM
What do you think the best University in Canada is? Personally, I want to go to a technical school when I get back into schooling. University seems to broad to me, you have to take so many courses in areas that have nothing to do with what you're going for...

lowlight22
03-07-2006, 03:53 PM
This really depends on where you live! :)
Do you plan to relocate to go to your university of choice, or are you limited to ones in your area?

I really like the University of Waterloo in Ontario, but if you don't live there then it's kind of irrelevant.

Tsveta
03-07-2006, 06:59 PM
If you are willing to relocate McGill University is a good place to study.

trappercase
03-08-2006, 08:22 AM
It also depends on what you want to study. McLeans Magazine puts out an annual University issue where it ranks Canadian Universities. You could probably find it in your local library. University is a good place to learn how to learn. If you are looking for a specific trade, then trade school or community college may be your best bet.

Tim
03-12-2006, 11:30 PM
I agree there. University isn't for everyone.
But granted you asked which is the best, we'll just assume you have researched your choices and have decided that Uni is the best fit.

I would take a look at the University guide and do some thorough online searches of the various institutions and the courses they offer.

gordiehowehattrick
03-17-2006, 06:53 AM
The #1 ranked school in Canada - St. Francis Xavier University!!! Really though, look at your options and take the best course for you...

April
03-22-2006, 06:08 PM
The #1 ranked school in Canada - St. Francis Xavier University!!! Really though, look at your options and take the best course for you...

Have you been to this school Gordie?
If so, could you give us an insider view of what its like there?

Would love to hear some real life experiences :)

gordiehowehattrick
03-26-2006, 03:42 PM
Yeah I was there and I must say it was UNREAL!!! Small classes, very personal profs, lots of fun....I don't know what to tell you so ask away!

Ronin
05-21-2006, 06:48 PM
Yeah I was there and I must say it was UNREAL!!! Small classes, very personal profs, lots of fun....I don't know what to tell you so ask away!

How small are the classes?
I tend to like larger classes. I think you can meet more people and see others points of views which helps your own learning.