Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about my cover letter???

GS3301
10-24-2007, 07:56 PM
hello, yeah the topic explains itsself. I am german, currently still working in Canada and looking for a job around europe!

I already prepared a cover letter for a american compandy, it would be greatly appreciated if you guys could check up my letter on mistakes.;)

improvement suggestions are always welcome:D

kind regards from Canada

Dear Ms. Dalby,

I am interested if your company is currently offering any entry positions within the area of the Stewarding & Housekeeping department in which I would like to be considered for all physical work such as Dishwasher, Kitchen Steward, Spa Cleaner, Housekeeper and where else cleaning experience would be an asset.

If such position becomes available, it would be great if you give me the opportunity to discuss your needs and objectives.

The last 9 month I have worked in the [...] Lodge at [...] in Canada, in which I got the chance to gain valuable experience. In my job I improved as room attendant & night cleaner a lot of my productivity and efficiency as well the increase of expectations from my managers.

My strong points are that I am very reliable and focused on my work, cooperatively and decidedly friendly to the hotel guests. I was able to work independently at night cleaning and being consequently responsible for the departments Housekeeping, Stewarding, and Spa.

The previous experience is a good foundation for a new job opportunity for an entry to mid level position in your company and I am willing to develop further skills.

Should any position be available within the near future, I hope that you'll find my experience and interests intriguing enough to warrant a personal meeting, as I am confident that I could provide value to you and your customers as a member of your team.

Thank you for taking the time and consideration and I look forward to hear from you about any employment opportunity.

Respectfully yours,

Tsveta
10-26-2007, 01:27 PM
In general a cover letter is a brief description of your skills and objective. And I mean BRIEF. Your cover letter is a too long. Click here for some Cover Letter tips (http://www.jobagencies.ca/index.asp?p=4&sp=1).

GS3301
10-27-2007, 09:58 AM
In general a cover letter is a brief description of your skills and objective. And I mean BRIEF. Your cover letter is a too long. Click here for some Cover Letter tips (http://www.jobagencies.ca/index.asp?p=4&sp=1).

Hey Tsveta, thank you for reading through my letter:D

I was shortening the letter, maybe you can read it over one more time:rolleyes:!?

it would be greatly appreciated. regards