Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : How much for a resume?

Ladyluck
03-06-2006, 04:22 PM
Does anyone know what the average cost of having a resume made is?

I imagine it would not cost alot as it's not a large document.

What should I be looking at paying for a resume?

Ladyluck
05-28-2006, 08:58 PM
Does anyone have any ideas on this that could help me out?
Any advice would be great :)

laxot
05-29-2006, 07:47 AM
I got mine done professional and was really happy with it. They edited it, layed it out, wrote a cover letter and also reworked the content according to the job I wanted. It was great and suprisingly cheap.

Here's the one I used: www.too-write.com

Probably heaps out there if you want to compare prices, but these guys did a really professional job.

:)

lookingforjob
05-29-2006, 12:31 PM
I wouldn't use paid resume writing service. You should be able to write a good clean resume if you do some research online. Most people apply for 10's of job positions before they find a job, meaning that they have to tailor their resume for each of those applications. It wouldn't be to practical and it would be too expensive to pay somebody to re-write/change your resume for each application...

Luke333
05-30-2006, 03:48 PM
It all depends. If you have good writing skills, go ahead and write your own, but if you don't, better get a professional. It can have more of an impact that you think.

With regard to prices, they vary and can go as much as $1,000 for executives. Don't be fooled by the short length of a resume, because it is a matter of precision and attention, so it costs more than you think.

If you live in Canada, better choose a Canadian resume service like:
resumesolutions.ca or checkmateresume.com. Different services have different specialties also. You just have to enquire and compare the prices.

01careerwinner
06-02-2006, 03:54 AM
Hi,

Finding a job or career can be hard work. It requires effort, good industry knowledge and skills for resumes, letters and interviews.

It is very important for you to really give it your best shot and do the best preparation you can before you pay a professional to fine-tune your resume. The effort you put in to making your resume as good as possible will pay off later in an interview because you will have a stronger understanding of what the employer is looking for.

If you're unsure about how to write resumes, we have an eBook available at careerwinner.com that explains in detail how to write resumes, cover letters and how to overcome common problems with these tasks. There are 30 examples and suggestions on how to identify and target the job you want.

Best wishes for your future employment...

whitey
06-15-2006, 08:35 PM
It all depends. If you have good writing skills, go ahead and write your own, but if you don't, better get a professional. It can have more of an impact that you think.

With regard to prices, they vary and can go as much as $1,000 for executives. Don't be fooled by the short length of a resume, because it is a matter of precision and attention, so it costs more than you think.

If you live in Canada, better choose a Canadian resume service like:
resumesolutions.ca or checkmateresume.com. Different services have different specialties also. You just have to enquire and compare the prices.

ive looked into that checkmate place, they seem well priced and professional.
Has anyone used them before?

Luke333
06-23-2006, 12:34 PM
Checkmate Resume entered into an agreement with ISIC, so you can get a 10% discount if you have the card.

lana
06-26-2006, 09:42 AM
I wouldn't pay for a Resume. Go to your local “Indigo” or your library and get a couple of books on the subject. With a little creativity you can have the perfect resume.

goras
07-24-2006, 04:15 PM
You should create a resume according to job position you applying for. I sad before, first rule: nobody can write your resume better than you!

Resume writing is no science, follow the rules how you should write your resume and you can't make mistake. Dedicate half an hour for reading and consider it when you write your resume or cover letter.

You don't need to go to library, just download eBook with tips on resume writing from [url]getresume.com and that should be enough. As long as you know how to use any word processing software you can do it!

Please include affiliate links in your signature!