Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Making More Time

ComDriver
03-06-2006, 04:27 PM
Has anyone got any tips for making more time in order to answer a question, for example, asking the interviewer to repeat a question or something like that, anybody got anymore?

Bronco
03-07-2006, 04:10 AM
I'm not sure what you are asking there.
Do you mean a way to give yourself more time to think of an answer?

You have to be pretty quick minded during an interview, and you should have most questions prepared to answer before you enter the room.

Tsveta
03-07-2006, 06:53 PM
You need to know the answers of the most questions before the interview. Here is a list of interview questions that will help you prepare: http://www.jobagencies.ca/index.asp?p=4&sp=3
And if they catch you off guard then just answer the question with question.

trappercase
03-08-2006, 09:19 AM
Don't be afraid to try a little humour if you are so inclined. It may lighten up the mood and allow you a minute or two to think of an answer. Make sure you read the interviewer before and determine if he has a sense of humour and make sure you are funny, if not don't try, it could be disastrous.

lookingforjob
03-08-2006, 11:13 AM
Make sure you read the interviewer before and determine if he has a sense of humour and make sure you are funny, if not don't try, it could be disastrous.

What you said above is very, very important! If the interviewer doesn't look like somebody who will appreciate/enjoy a little humour don't do it. If you are not sure what's the case, you better off without humouring.

If you don't know how to answer certain question, try to change the subject slightly to something you are more familiar with. This helps a lot, believe me.

ComDriver
03-08-2006, 04:31 PM
Some very good points but if you are not a funny person you could have trouble. I checked out that link, very helpful. Keep your views and tips coming.

Julie
03-15-2006, 05:56 AM
They will usually try to catch you off guard and ask you a weird or different question.
Be ready for that.
Although you can't prepare for that answer, you can of course just relax and this will help some sort of answer come into your head!

Jon
03-15-2006, 03:02 PM
Don't be afraid to try a little humour if you are so inclined. It may lighten up the mood and allow you a minute or two to think of an answer. Make sure you read the interviewer before and determine if he has a sense of humour and make sure you are funny, if not don't try, it could be disastrous.

Agreed - i don't think theres anything worse than an awkward silence after a bad joke IN an interview :eek:

To answer the main question: preperation is the key! Think how much time you should be spending on preperation for the interview if it is an important job.

whitey
03-15-2006, 11:50 PM
Bad jokes can be a disaster. Good jokes can be an ice breaker.
Something in between can make both parties feel awkward!

I tend to stay away from any jokes. I will make light hearted conversation but prefer not to tell jokes to someone who I don't know and I dont know what sort of sense of humor they have.

trappercase
03-16-2006, 09:52 AM
Also, you can be prepared with so time buying questions that are a little more professional like "I'm not sure I understand your question, do you mean...." Instead of just "What" of "Huh" or "I don't know"

Tim
03-19-2006, 10:18 PM
of course, you need to be tactful.
I dont think anyone walks into an interview and says "what" and "huh"
If you did, you would not get very far!