Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Best public schools

Vera
03-08-2006, 01:41 PM
Does anyone know how to find good public school? Are there any reports of the schools performance or something that can help me decide? I'm considering moving to different part of the city but first want to find out were the best schools are.

Bronco
03-09-2006, 05:31 AM
The best way is to just go to the school yourself.
Look at the facilities and talk to the teachers there. There aren't many reviews of public schools online or anywhere else as most are similar anyway.

Btw, congrats on going public!
Its far and wide the best schooling system there is.

Tim
03-12-2006, 11:32 PM
I agree with Bronco. I would not move based on schools in the area either.
Most areas have decent schools, so don't let that be the deciding factor on where you live - otherwise you will be limited in choice.

Tsveta
03-14-2006, 01:07 PM
Does anyone know how to find good public school? Are there any reports of the schools performance or something that can help me decide? I'm considering moving to different part of the city but first want to find out were the best schools are.

Fraser Institute has published report cards on secondary schools in Canada.
http://www.fraserinstitute.ca/reportcards/index.asp?snav=rc
You can have a quick look and decide what school works for you. The schools are rated by academic performance in reading, writing, math and parents education in years.

April
03-22-2006, 06:02 PM
Even those results do not determine which school is the "best".
It really depends what you consider the best to equate to.

Personally I think its far more important to have a happy and safe environment in a school, rather than just a school that is known for very high results.

bongi
05-26-2006, 11:49 AM
I think it is important to go to a good school. The little mind shapes very easy and what they learn in school and from their friends can have a great impact on their lives in the future. Move to a neighbourhood that you consider good and the schools will be adequate.

Ladyluck
06-12-2006, 08:24 PM
I think it is important to go to a good school. The little mind shapes very easy and what they learn in school and from their friends can have a great impact on their lives in the future. Move to a neighbourhood that you consider good and the schools will be adequate.

Yes I agree. Public schools are the same, it all comes down to the area the school is located in.
In a more well off area, the schools are less likely to have troublesome kids (in general anyway!)