Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Newcomer architect

jason
03-10-2006, 06:50 PM
Hi all, I will be coming to Canada in the summer and was wondering how difficult is to find a job as a newcomer. I am an architect with 7 years of experience. Where is a good idea to settle and where can I find a job, on the Internet or at some architect’s organization.

Ronin
03-12-2006, 11:22 PM
With that sort of experience I cant see you having any issues finding work.
Yes, online is the best place to find a job most of the time.
Also try your local newspaper.

Good luck :)

lookingforjob
03-13-2006, 10:58 AM
Jason,

Finding your first job in Canada is never easy. You seem to have extensive experience though, and that will help. I think it's better to settle in one of the bigger cities in Canada (Toronto for example), because you have more chances to find a job there.

Also don't forget to check if you will be able to practice as an architect, without being licensed to do so in Canada (I'm not sure but most likely you'll need some form of licensing/certification).

Tricky
03-13-2006, 05:01 PM
If he has 7 years experience he probably has some sort of licence.
Whether that will be accpted in Canada we don't know.

Perhaps contact some of the companies here:http://www.canadianarchitecture.com/Archi/archi00.htm

jason
03-14-2006, 12:47 PM
Thank you very much for the advice. I have a University degree from Poland. I have a friend who is a computer programmer and he doesn't need any certification but I guess for engineers, architectures, doctors is different.

Ronin
03-15-2006, 06:36 PM
Yes that is correct.
Because those fields of work require people to work to certain legal standards, where as programming is a pretty open field and alot more subjective than being a doctor or architect.