Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Returning to Canada after being asked to leave

acherontia
11-17-2007, 07:11 AM
Hi everyone!

This is my first post and I'm in a terrible bind.

I'm Australian and last year I went to Canada on a working holiday program. This program is strictly only for one year and cannot be extended. I loved living/working in Canada so much that I applied for a normal work visa because I wanted to stay! I spoke to 29347829374 million CIC staff to get as much information as possible because I wanted to be thorough and not overlook anything. My employer wrote a letter to support my application and requested an LMO from HRDC, but it came back as denied, along with my visa application. CIC then sent me a letter saying I had to leave Canada, because my (working holiday) visa had expired during the time all this paperwork was being processed.

So I spoke to CIC and discovered that I was advised to apply for the WRONG visa (the one where there's a shortage of Canadians for certain industries), and that I actually needed to apply for the skilled worker visa. I left Canada within the week and returned to Australia.

So now I want to apply for PR as a skilled worker, but my question is, because I was asked to leave Canada, will I be allowed to do this? I've looked on the CIC site and on google, etc, but I couldn't find any information anywhere. I didn't break any laws or live in Canada illegally, I just unknowingly applied for the wrong visa. :(

I would greatly appreciate ANY help you could provide.

Tsveta
11-19-2007, 10:30 AM
I don't think you will have any problems applying for skilled worker visa. To be absolutely sure, you better consult with an immigration lawyer (http://www.getlawyer.ca/) or call CIC again.