Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Popular coffee shop

andre
03-17-2006, 02:17 PM
Hi all,
I wanted to make a quick survey. I want to open a coffee shop. I was just wondering does anybody know what is the most popular coffee shop for franchise.

Thanks

trappercase
03-18-2006, 07:00 AM
Well that's an easy one. Tim Horton's. Quite a spendy franchise though and more like a take out. Depending what you are looking for I find "Timothy's Coffee" a really nice place.

Tsveta
03-19-2006, 07:43 AM
I agree. Tim Horton's will be the best investment. As far as I know they don't have failed franchise in Toronto.

whitey
03-19-2006, 04:31 PM
What about Starbucks?
Although I'm not a fan of the American-ism of Starbucks, it can be very succesful as a franchise due to it's branding.
All you'd have to do is put the store up and people will come. No advertising required :)

trappercase
03-19-2006, 10:04 PM
Definitely Starbucks! But I would imagine the ease of entry would be tough. The up front money and franchise fees must be pretty large.

lana
03-20-2006, 09:19 AM
Personally I don't like Starbucks. Even the employees think they are superior or something. I guess it is a successful franchise but it won’t work in every part of the city.
Tim Horton’s is cheaper and deliver good quality. Second cup is a good choice too.

trappercase
03-20-2006, 11:23 AM
If there is not a lot of competition in your area, I would consider going independant.

Bronco
03-21-2006, 05:04 PM
Personally I don't like Starbucks. Even the employees think they are superior or something. I guess it is a successful franchise but it won’t work in every part of the city.
Tim Horton’s is cheaper and deliver good quality. Second cup is a good choice too.

You might not like it, but most people do and that's what matters here :)
The customers go, therefore you make money.

Yes, start up costs would be quite a bit, but I would assume you could make that back within a year.

andre
03-22-2006, 02:03 PM
Yes, start up costs would be quite a bit, but I would assume you could make that back within a year.

Thanks all of you for your suggestions! Sounds awfully good if I can break even within a year! I am not sure if it could be that soon but it's worth a try. I should prepare a business plan first.

lookingforjob
03-23-2006, 09:27 AM
If there is not a lot of competition in your area, I would consider going independant.

Chances for success are much lower with new/independent brand competing with so many established franchise coffee shop chains.

Tim
03-28-2006, 04:48 PM
Chances for success are much lower with new/independent brand competing with so many established franchise coffee shop chains.
Yep.. hence why starbucks or Gloria Jeans might be the way to go.
Of course you usually need local council permission to set one up since there are already alot around and you need a certain distance between each store.

chris755
03-30-2006, 03:21 PM
You dont want to go Star Bucks. Go try there coffee its that cheap american branded shit with hikory added to it as a supliment they used in world war 2. Tastes like motor oil i can never finish half the cup before i throw it out.

Tim hortons is the way to go no doubt . In Alberta they dont have enough of them and the line ups for a tim hortons coffee here are about 40 ft long at any given time. In Toronto they have tim hortons on every block almost. Coffee beans and water is all it is and coffee shops were the best thriving business during the depression some years ago for that reason its only coffee beans and water basically and at $1.50 a cup anyone can afford it.

Stick with Tim Hortons, Star bucks taste like garbage and its American you dont want to be a traitor. Tim Hortons was founded by a 3 or 4 time Stanley Cup winner from the Toronto Maple Leafs.

chris755
03-30-2006, 03:22 PM
www.timhortons.com for franchise information. Youll need like a quarter to a half million to invest look in the yellowpages for a business mortgager.

chris755
03-30-2006, 03:25 PM
http://www.timhortons.com/en/franchise/franchise_ca_program.html

Bronco
04-05-2006, 07:03 PM
You dont want to go Star Bucks. Go try there coffee its that cheap american branded shit with hikory added to it as a supliment they used in world war 2. Tastes like motor oil i can never finish half the cup before i throw it out.

Tim hortons is the way to go no doubt . In Alberta they dont have enough of them and the line ups for a tim hortons coffee here are about 40 ft long at any given time. In Toronto they have tim hortons on every block almost. Coffee beans and water is all it is and coffee shops were the best thriving business during the depression some years ago for that reason its only coffee beans and water basically and at $1.50 a cup anyone can afford it.

Stick with Tim Hortons, Star bucks taste like garbage and its American you dont want to be a traitor. Tim Hortons was founded by a 3 or 4 time Stanley Cup winner from the Toronto Maple Leafs.
I cant stand starbucks either but hey they make money and people seem to like it for some reason.

Just because you run the business, it doesnt mean you have to like or support what you sell ;)