Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : "File with officer for final review"

wcr
03-22-2006, 08:40 PM
Hello, I am a new user and I would like to say hi to the members of this forum and I look forward to exchange helpfull information with all of you!
About two weeks ago we recieved (My partner and I) this response from the consulate in Buffalo, NY. We are wondering if anyone could give us any idea of what to expect after this? and how soon should expect them to contact us again? and finally, when can we expect to submitt our passports for the visa?
I am looking forward to hear from you!
Thanks
wcr

amal
03-22-2006, 08:52 PM
Hi WCR!
Can you please clarify what response did you get from the consulate? It's not quite clear.

Usually you submit your passports after the interview and the medical.

wcr
03-22-2006, 09:15 PM
Hi WCR!
Can you please clarify what response did you get from the consulate? It's not quite clear.

Usually you submit your passports after the interview and the medical.

First thanks for your time. Sorry but I forgot to mentioned it. We wrote them a letter and sent it through fax in Feb 06, then we heard from them 2 weeks ago with a handwritten note in the same letter we sent " Your file is with the officer for final review" We already submitted second round of documents ( FBI, Fees, Bank Statement, Medicals, etc) back in July 05. We have learned that the vality of the medicals is for one year, and we did ours in April of 2005. I hope is more clear this time, and thanks again for the response! WCR

lookingforjob
03-23-2006, 09:33 AM
Hello, I am a new user and I would like to say hi to the members of this forum and I look forward to exchange helpfull information with all of you!
About two weeks ago we recieved (My partner and I) this response from the consulate in Buffalo, NY. We are wondering if anyone could give us any idea of what to expect after this? and how soon should expect them to contact us again? and finally, when can we expect to submitt our passports for the visa?
I am looking forward to hear from you!
Thanks
wcr

Welcome wcr!

Can't you just call the consulate in Buffalo and ask them? You have submitted your documents several months ago, and the immigration application review times from US should be much shorter from what I've heard.

wcr
03-23-2006, 05:30 PM
Welcome wcr!

Can't you just call the consulate in Buffalo and ask them? You have submitted your documents several months ago, and the immigration application review times from US should be much shorter from what I've heard.

Thanks for the reply. But actually there isn't a phone number to call or any 1-800.

lookingforjob
03-24-2006, 09:03 AM
You are in luck ;); I found it for you:

http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/can-am/buffalo/offices/default-en.asp

The Consulate General of Canada in Buffalo contact info is the 4th in the list above.

Good luck!

wcr
03-25-2006, 10:59 AM
You are in luck ;); I found it for you:

http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/can-am/buffalo/offices/default-en.asp

The Consulate General of Canada in Buffalo contact info is the 4th in the list above.

Good luck!

well thanks for taking the time and effort, but sadly there isn't a way to actually get a real person to talk to in that number... Oh well, I guess I was just looking for a personal opinion/experience.
Thanks anyway.

lookingforjob
03-27-2006, 10:30 AM
I'm sorry it didn't work out. I guess you'll have to wait then.

wcr
03-29-2006, 08:28 PM
I'm sorry it didn't work out. I guess you'll have to wait then.

yep, I guess! Thanks though, you were really nice! Bye