Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Affiliate programs

aladin42
03-24-2006, 01:41 PM
I have an idea of joining the affiliate programs on the Internet. I know that I'm not the first one but I want to become independent and to work for myself not for somebody else. I will make the web site design and the programming part.
Do you by any chance know which are the best affiliate programs, with the best conversion rates to start with?

contractor
03-25-2006, 01:00 PM
You can check the conversion rates on the Internet. One question, are you a web developer?
It is important your web site to be programmed well and optimized in order to get visitors and ranking in the search engines. How are you going to attract visitors?
One more thing, do you have real expectations? Don’t get disappointed if you don’t get any revenue in the first 6 months. You just need time and SEO.

Good luck

lookingforjob
03-27-2006, 10:44 AM
Do you by any chance know which are the best affiliate programs, with the best conversion rates to start with?

There is no single answer to this question. This is like asking which is the best car make in the world, for some it will be Mercedes, for others BMW or Lexus, etc.

You need to do an extensive research for each merchant with affiliate program you consider joining. You also need to do a marketing research for the particular industry and find out how much competition there is in this niche. You need to figure out how are you going to bring visitors to your website too.

Tsveta
03-28-2006, 02:45 PM
You need to do an extensive research for each merchant with affiliate program you consider joining. You also need to do a marketing research for the particular industry and find out how much competition there is in this niche. You need to figure out how are you going to bring visitors to your website too.

Do you have a business plan? I strongly suggest you do. Create a time frame and the budget you need for this project. You will see that working for yourself is even harder than working for somebody else :)

Tim
03-28-2006, 04:47 PM
Do you have a business plan? I strongly suggest you do. Create a time frame and the budget you need for this project. You will see that working for yourself is even harder than working for somebody else :)

True, but it can be more rewarding as well ;)

As far as affiliate programs go, I have looked into this.
Have you tried the Amazon program?

lookingforjob
03-29-2006, 09:35 AM
True, but it can be more rewarding as well ;)

As far as affiliate programs go, I have looked into this.
Have you tried the Amazon program?

There are many affiliate programs that pay considerably better than Amazon's affiliate program. Of course it all depends on the industry/niche you decide to promote. If you want to be successful affiliate you'll have learn to be a good salesman and you should be able to drive visitors to your website(s).

aladin42
03-29-2006, 01:11 PM
Thank you all for your suggestions and opinion on the topic. I am doing a research as we speak. So many affiliate programs are available it's just unbelievable. I think I will start with becoming an affiliate for Zappos and Shoes.com. I think that shoes are relatively easy to sell.

lookingforjob
03-29-2006, 01:28 PM
Thank you all for your suggestions and opinion on the topic. I am doing a research as we speak. So many affiliate programs are available it's just unbelievable. I think I will start with becoming an affiliate for Zappos and Shoes.com. I think that shoes are relatively easy to sell.

You will need an account with Commission Junction then. Keep us posted how it goes and good luck!

Bronco
04-05-2006, 06:56 PM
Commision Junction isnt the only place to sign up at though.
There are many other affiliate programs and organizations, just take a look around the net and go for the ones with the biggest payouts.

ozias
04-11-2006, 08:50 PM
I noticed a few postings from people looking for affiliate programs to join.

We have just release a new product, an ebook titled "The Wealthy Skunk - Make Money Online". The web page can be found here wealthyskunk.com Please visit the site and proceed to the affiliates page for information on how to become an affilaite. The payout is high and the product is one you can recommend with confidence.

Thank you.

kokhua
04-14-2006, 05:44 AM
You will need an account with Commission Junction then. Keep us posted how it goes and good luck!

I would say www.cj.com and linkshare.com are the best affiliates on the market.;)

Bigscope Job For You! (http://www.bigscope.com/int.htm)

Tim
05-11-2006, 06:57 PM
I would say www.cj.com and linkshare.com are the best affiliates on the market.;)

Bigscope Job For You! (http://www.bigscope.com/int.htm)

Everyone says these are the best , is it really true?
Do you make money from these programs?
Im a little weary of trying anything just yet until I learn more.

workaholic
05-15-2006, 03:35 PM
The only affiliates that I have on my blogs are Google Adsense and CafePress. I have not seen a significant payout from either but then again I don't get a lot of traffic to my blog. However everyone tells me that it takes a while to build up a reader base so I just continue to plug away at it.

Tricky
05-15-2006, 06:54 PM
Yes it can take months or years to get regular readers.
What blog are you talking about? If its something people really want to read, they will become repeat visitors :)
________
herbalAire vaporizers (http://vaporizers.net/herbalaire-vaporizer)

workaholic
05-16-2006, 10:15 PM
Yes it can take months or years to get regular readers.
What blog are you talking about? If its something people really want to read, they will become repeat visitors :)

I have a personal blog and a blog for other writers. Technorati is tracking what 33 million blogs now, so I've got a lot of competition for people's attention. But in the end it is those that perservere who move on to success.

Ladyluck
05-21-2006, 05:55 PM
How long should one perservere for before giving up?
I imagine it would be a little discouraging to keep writing in a blog everyday and still be making $0 after a year or so.

ozias
06-18-2006, 07:35 PM
Newly listed with ClickBank, earn a 50% commission for every sale! Start today - become an affiliate.

http://www.wealthyskunk.com

Tricky
06-22-2006, 10:59 PM
How long should one perservere for before giving up?
I imagine it would be a little discouraging to keep writing in a blog everyday and still be making $0 after a year or so.
Well if thats the case you arent doing it properly! haha
Really you should start making a few dollars after a month or so, if not then try a different site topic.
________
Ducati 750 Imola (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Ducati_750_Imola)