Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : MBA - a good idea?

mika
03-30-2006, 01:45 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if MBA was going to get me somewhere? I don't have Canadian experience and I will need to study at least 1 year. Am I going to have more opportunities to find a job after I complete the course? I have a Masters degree from my home country but it turns out it is equal to BA in Canada...

Tsveta
03-30-2006, 09:43 PM
It is a good idea if you can support yourself meanwhile. I would do it. I have a friend who has studied 2 more years for MBA at McGill University and the summer after the first year he got a very well paid job. The company knew that he had 1 more year to study but they hired him. He was a good investment for them. It is always a good idea to study, you get to now people and the networking is very important in the job-hunting process.

Tim
04-04-2006, 12:58 AM
An MBA will nearly always get you somewhere. The only time it wont is if you do nothing with it.

So in simple terms - YES, do it :)

Paul
04-05-2006, 10:21 AM
Yes do it. MBA is a good thing. Did you find university yet?

mika
04-05-2006, 12:54 PM
No I didn’t. I'm still considering that. I will apply to several Universities and if I’m lucky I’ll start classes this fall. My choices are – McGill University, University of Toronto, Wilfrid Laurier University, and Queen’s University. What do you think?

Tsveta
04-06-2006, 02:31 PM
No I didn’t. I'm still considering that. I will apply to several Universities and if I’m lucky I’ll start classes this fall. My choices are – McGill University, University of Toronto, Wilfrid Laurier University, and Queen’s University. What do you think?

You are right on the spot. All these Universities are in the top 10 Business Schools in Canada:http://www.infozee.com/channels/mba/canada/mba-canada-rankings.htm

workaholic
04-16-2006, 01:13 AM
Yes. More and more employers are demanding higher education for jobs. Soon you are going to need a phd to work at McDonalds.

Seriously, though. It can do nothing but help you and open doors. I say go for it.

lana
04-19-2006, 09:17 AM
Hi,

I was wondering if MBA was going to get me somewhere? I don't have Canadian experience and I will need to study at least 1 year. Am I going to have more opportunities to find a job after I complete the course? I have a Masters degree from my home country but it turns out it is equal to BA in Canada...

Always a good idea. You will get better job opportunities if you have a degree from Canada! What is your field of expertise?

mika
05-02-2006, 01:09 PM
You are right on the spot. All these Universities are in the top 10 Business Schools in Canada:http://www.infozee.com/channels/mba/canada/mba-canada-rankings.htm

Thank you for the list Tsveta. It is very helpful! I found a short contract that will get me through the summer and right after that I am starting school. I’m still waiting for a feedback from some Universities
:p

Ascended
12-06-2006, 09:08 PM
yah MBA would help, ive always believed that you don't need business education to run a business, and succeed corporations and the like, but nowadays unless u have a bold idea, you're gonna need some topnotch formal education

hani.hamzeh
02-15-2007, 11:27 AM
I'm sure an MBA will add value to your value.

lookingforjob
02-15-2007, 11:36 AM
Formal education always helps. The question is do you have the time to do it and can you afford to pay for it.