Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Visa application and moving to Yukon

gerrit
01-05-2008, 03:54 PM
I am a Belgian native who is currently living and working in Germany. This summer, I plan to emigrate to Canada and spend a couple of years there. More precisely I want to emigrate to the Yukon.

I have no job yet in Canada, however I have friends who live in Yukon and who offered me to move in with them for a couple of months. This means I have accomodation sorted out, and can keep living with those friends until I have assured a job and received my first salaries.

My friends unfortunately don't know a lot about the different visa types and what type of visa I should apply for. Also, I am not sure how to start the process. I know there are different types of visa + seperate programs per province (in my case, Yukon). Can anyone tell me what type of visa I should apply for and how the procedure works?

I don't have a university degree. I do however speak 4 languages, including English and French (the other languages I speak are Dutch and German). I hope to be able to get a visa for at least 2 years, or longer if possible. Accomodation is sorted and by the summer I will have saved some spare money as well, which I believe could be important in the visa application.

Thanks in advance for advice.

Tsveta
01-07-2008, 11:41 AM
Hi,
If you are planning to immigrate to Canada you can apply for a skilled worker visa although I'm not sure you will qualify because you need a university degree. You can apply under the Provincial Nomination Program. The process is not that simple and it may take more than a year.
You can also find a job and apply for a work permit. This can be the fastest way to come to Canada. To learn more about the different visas you can go to the CIC web site. They have all the information you need on how to apply.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

What type of job do you have in mind?