Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Work Permit, and Baby?

Keisha
01-09-2008, 02:38 PM
Hi My name is Keisha, 21 and I live in West Palm Beach, Florida. My fiance moved to canada about three months ago and we both decided to get married up there. I was wondering:

How can I get a work permit?
Should I get one before I move to Canada?
I believe I might be pregnant, so how can I recieve medical attention?:confused:
I also want to go to school to become a LPN/RN how do I go about that?
I'm really lost and confused can someone please help me.

Tsveta
01-13-2008, 10:04 PM
Hi, your fiancée has to sponsor you to come to Canada. This can take from 6 months to a year. For more information go to: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp

Once you become Permanent Resident and live in Canada for 3 months you get free medical care.

lookingforjob
01-15-2008, 06:16 PM
What is the status of your fiance in Canada? Did he move here with a work permit or did he apply for an immigrant?

Keisha
01-16-2008, 01:56 PM
He applied as a immigrant...

What is the status of your fiance in Canada? Did he move here with a work permit or did he apply for an immigrant?

nomlah
02-14-2008, 05:44 PM
Hi My name is Keisha, 21 and I live in West Palm Beach, Florida. My fiance moved to canada about three months ago and we both decided to get married up there. I was wondering:

How can I get a work permit?
Should I get one before I move to Canada?
I believe I might be pregnant, so how can I recieve medical attention?:confused:
I also want to go to school to become a LPN/RN how do I go about that?
I'm really lost and confused can someone please help me.

Hi,

Your fiance will have to sponsor you. Remember after arival in Canada,for first three months you will have pay all your medical expenses from your pocket or from your fiance pocket, so plan accordingly.
Once you are here schools are open to you.