Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Electrician Job Require

lalicom
01-12-2008, 05:57 AM
Hi Dears
I am Lali from India . Presently working as Electrician in Unaited Arab Emirates.
I have more than 10 years experience electrical field.

Is there possibility to get Electrician job in Canada ?
It is my first try to look job in abroad , Please guide me for that.

Thanks in advance
Lali

RSTech
01-22-2008, 08:00 PM
For the most part skilled trades are in demand in Canada. That being said, you won't find a job for an Electrician everywhere in Canada, specific areas are booming more than others. Currently Ontario is suffering in the manufacturing sector, especially automotive where there are many layoffs. Alberta is a hot spot for Electricians right now.

Electricians are regulated. To practice in Canada you will need to be licensed in the province you intend to work. You may receive credit for your past work experience and may be able to challenge the CofQ (Certificate of Qualification) exam. You will need to contact the Ministry of Education and training specifically for skilled trades and apprenticeships.

What kind of Electrician work do you perform? There are different licenses for the different types of work. For example in Ontario there is the 309A for construction maintenance, 442A for industrial electrician, etc.

If you intend to work for yourself you may have to get a Master Electrician license for your province. This is the case in Ontario, I'm just going for mine now. To become a Master Electrician you must hold a valid Ontario Electrical license, or be a Professional Engineer registered with the PEO or a Certified Engineering Technologist registered with OACETT.