Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Is it necessary to be bilingual?

jason
04-11-2006, 02:16 PM
Hi there, I will be coming to Canada in the middle of June. I’ve decided to go to Ottawa.
I have a friend who lives there and I know a little French too. Is it necessary to be bilingual?

Ally
04-11-2006, 04:52 PM
Hi Jason,

I also live in Ottawa, i have been here since Jan 06 and i haven't found a job yet.

You don't have to be bilingual at all, most of the jobs that require it seem to be with the federal government, but i haven't had any sucess there either.

Just make sure that when you get here see if you can get your education changed to the Canadain equivalent, that might come in handy so that employers can recongize your degree if you have one.

You don't play soccer do you?, i am looking for a team to play with, i haven't even had any sucess there yet either..:eek:

lana
04-12-2006, 10:26 AM
Hi there, I will be coming to Canada in the middle of June. I’ve decided to go to Ottawa.
I have a friend who lives there and I know a little French too. Is it necessary to be bilingual?

No it is not. It can be a bonus. If you want to go to Quebec then you might consider it.

jason
04-13-2006, 09:49 AM
Hi Jason,

You don't play soccer do you?, i am looking for a team to play with, i haven't even had any sucess there yet either..:eek:

Hi Ally,
actually I play soccer and i am a big fen of the English Premier league. I am from Poland :)