Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Scout By Head hunter

kokhua
04-21-2006, 04:37 AM
Anyone here get scout by head hunter before. Is there any reliable head hunt firm In Canada, kind to recommend some?:)

lookingforjob
04-21-2006, 09:28 AM
There are hundreds if not thousands of head hunter companies in Canada. As a matter of fact I got my best contracts through small recruters, that nobody ever heard of. The size doesn't matter in this case ;).

aladin42
04-22-2006, 07:30 PM
There are hundreds if not thousands of head hunter companies in Canada. As a matter of fact I got my best contracts through small recruters, that nobody ever heard of. The size doesn't matter in this case ;).

I agree; The small companies sometimes have very good contacts and can get you a very good job.

lana
04-24-2006, 09:30 AM
Is there any reliable head hunt firm In Canada, kind to recommend some?:)

I can't say there is a reliable recruiting company. I just can't. It depends on the recruiter himself. They are on commission (like the sales people) and it is up to them if they are sending your Resume to the employer. If they are professionals and have a hunch for hiring people, well they are good, but most of the times they are highly unprofessional and rude. Maybe this is the reason why you can’t find the same recruiter working for the same company the next time you are looking for a job . . . My point is it's not only the agency, it is the recruiter.

lookingforjob
04-24-2006, 10:23 AM
I can't say there is a reliable recruiting company. I just can't. It depends on the recruiter himself. They are on commission (like the sales people) and it is up to them if they are sending your Resume to the employer. If they are professionals and have a hunch for hiring people, well they are good, but most of the times they are highly unprofessional and rude. Maybe this is the reason why you can’t find the same recruiter working for the same company the next time you are looking for a job . . . My point is it's not only the agency, it is the recruiter.

I completely agree :). It’s almost impossible to talk to the same recruiter you talked a year ago. The turnover rate in this industry seems to be staggering.

contractor
04-26-2006, 09:43 AM
I completely agree :). It’s almost impossible to talk to the same recruiter you talked a year ago. The turnover rate in this industry seems to be staggering.

I work with a couple of recruiters but it is true that they don’t stay long in the same company. I’ve never asked myself why but I guess because it like a salesman job, but this time they sell peoples’ skills . . .

lookingforjob
04-26-2006, 01:50 PM
Furthermore it must be very boring to weed through all these resumes... he he

lana
12-08-2006, 11:15 AM
Furthermore it must be very boring to weed through all these resumes... he he

I thought they use software to go through the resumes. Don't they?