Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Job search sites

kokhua
04-21-2006, 05:37 AM
Is there any Canadian job search sites that are very popular to Canadian Job seekers with high success rate.

lookingforjob
04-21-2006, 09:25 AM
Is there any Canadian job search sites that are very popular to Canadian Job seekers with high success rate.

Monster and Workopolis, but I'm not sure what do you mean by "high success rate"?

kokhua
04-22-2006, 08:28 AM
Monster and Workopolis, but I'm not sure what do you mean by "high success rate"?

Meaning: The success rate of getting direct employers respond back to you through e-mail or calls.

Luke333
04-23-2006, 04:30 PM
I would forget about Monsters. Just go with Workopolis and Craiglist.

workaholic
04-23-2006, 04:49 PM
I have to agree with the Craigslist. I've found a few freelance jobs with them that's panned out well. I usually only use Monster if I'm relocating and want to see what companies are in that area and to get a feel for the salaries being offered there.

kokhua
04-24-2006, 03:12 AM
I have to agree with the Craigslist. I've found a few freelance jobs with them that's panned out well. I usually only use Monster if I'm relocating and want to see what companies are in that area and to get a feel for the salaries being offered there.

So, what kind of freelance job do you get from Craigslist. I always thought Craiglists gives a lot of replies that offer plenty of scandal and fraud.

lookingforjob
04-24-2006, 10:29 AM
Monster has fewer jobs than workopolis, but the quality is better, which is very important to me. I generally find that monster jobs are better and pay more than the average workopolis job, but I guess this depends on the industry too.