Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Presentation

jojoba
04-25-2006, 09:13 AM
Hi Everyone,

I was thinking is it a good idea to put my Resume in a fancy folder when I meet with a recruiter/employer.

lookingforjob
04-25-2006, 02:29 PM
Every little bit counts - nice conservative costume, polished shoes, expensive fancy folder for you resume, quality pen, etc.. The interview is the one and only chance to impress the employer, do not waste it.

aladin42
04-26-2006, 09:14 AM
I agree with lookingforjob. Just don't overdo it. The first impression is always very important. Always bring your Resume. You may assume they printed it out because you sent it 3-4 times already, but how embarrassing it will be if they ask you for it and you don’t have it...

lookingforjob
04-26-2006, 01:56 PM
If you can, do a research about the company you will be applying to work for, and try to match their style and corporate environment. For example if it's a bank, then be very conservative in your dressing and behaviour. If it is a .com start up, being conservative won't do you any good, and you should be more relaxed, etc.

workaholic
05-04-2006, 04:23 PM
If you can, do a research about the company you will be applying to work for, and try to match their style and corporate environment. For example if it's a bank, then be very conservative in your dressing and behaviour. If it is a .com start up, being conservative won't do you any good, and you should be more relaxed, etc.

This is great advice! Employers will be looking to see if you will fit into their corporate family so do all you can to assure them that you will.

Another great thing you can do is to do research on the company, what they do etc and talk to the interviewer/hr rep about their company. It might be good to maybe identify a lack or a problem they may have and then explain how you would be the best person to help them resolve it. They will be impressed by the fact that you took the time to learn about them and are able to speak intelligently about their company.