Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : police certificates

josephtekeng
04-27-2006, 08:48 AM
Hello to all,
i lived in 4 countries for the last 10 years(Cameroon,Russia,Ghana and Cote D'Ivoire) and i was in Ukraine 13 years ago.I submited the police certificates for the first 4 countries,but couldn't do the same for ukraine.When i received a letter for medical examinations,there was an additional letter asking for the police certificate from ukraine.unfortunately i left that country 13 years ago and they have no Embassies in West Africa today.
Do you think it will stop me from receiving a visa to Canada? What is the best issue here? Please advise!

lookingforjob
04-27-2006, 09:45 AM
You can call the Canadian Embassy where you submitted your application for immigration and tell them about your problem with the police certificate from Ukraine. They are the only ones that can advise you what to do in this situation.

Tsveta
04-27-2006, 10:20 AM
If you have friends or relatives in Ukraine you can ask them to get such a certificate for you but I would call the embassy first! As lookingforjob pointed out, they know better :)

josephtekeng
04-27-2006, 10:41 AM
Thank you very much for your speedy reply.
I called the Embassy last month after receiving the Medical examinations with that letter.I spoke with one of them and they asked me to write a letter and explain everything in details.That is what i did and i sent it with the visa fees that they also required.Do you think CIC will accept it?
Please advise.

Administrator
04-27-2006, 08:54 PM
If they asked you to explain the problem in a letter you should be good. The worst that can happen is that they ask for more documents obtained directly from Ukraine, but I doubt it. Keep us posted how it goes.

josephtekeng
05-14-2006, 01:53 PM
hi everybody!
I finaly received the document from Ukraine.We took it to the Embassy on the 10th and the deadline was the 17th of May 2006.We hope it will let them give us an answer very soon.
How long do you think we can wait after giving them all the extra documents and information that they needed?
Thanks for your reply.

Tsveta
05-14-2006, 07:09 PM
hi everybody!
I finaly received the document from Ukraine.We took it to the Embassy on the 10th and the deadline was the 17th of May 2006.We hope it will let them give us an answer very soon.
How long do you think we can wait after giving them all the extra documents and information that they needed?
Thanks for your reply.

Good for you! :) Why didn't you ask at the embassy how long it will take? It depends on how busy they are. Nobody can give an exact time frame. You can always call them.