Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Speaking many languages!

josephtekeng
04-27-2006, 08:55 AM
As i already said i am a Network and PC maintenance technician, do you think the fact that i speak 4 languages (French-English-Russian-Spanish) will help me to easily find a job in Vancouver?
please advise!

Administrator
04-27-2006, 10:00 AM
I think that speaking several languages will be a definitive advantage when looking for your first job in Canada. Canada is an immigrant country to a large extent, and many people do not speak English fluently, that's why your language skills might come in handy at your job.

Jim
04-27-2006, 01:59 PM
Definitely a plus and you should emphasize that in your resume! Good for you!

josephtekeng
04-27-2006, 04:15 PM
Thank you very much for your replies.I am more than encouraged.Is it advisable for me to post my CV now? I sent my medical examinations last month and i am still expecting a call from the Embassy.
Please advise!

Administrator
04-27-2006, 08:53 PM
You can post your resume on workopolis and monster and make it public there (accessible for head hunters and employers). Even if nobody contacts you, don't get discouraged, as soon as you land you'll have higher chances to get a job.

Tsveta
04-28-2006, 10:34 AM
Is it advisable for me to post my CV now? I sent my medical examinations last month and i am still expecting a call from the Embassy.
Please advise!

Read our tips on how to write an impressive Resume and Cover letter:

http://www.jobagencies.ca/index.asp?p=4&sp=2

Good luck!

Jim
04-28-2006, 10:38 AM
You can post your Resume now, but when you come here and start actively looking for job I would advise you to update it every day. You will get more calls if you do that.

josephtekeng
04-28-2006, 12:55 PM
Hi Jim!
Thank's a lot for your attention and advise.I think i will follow those intructions.I am now expecting a call from the Embassy.i will let you know when the Visa is ready and when we are coming.
Best regards and good luck everybody.

lookingforjob
04-28-2006, 02:06 PM
Good luck and let us know when you get your visas :).