Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : How long it took you

Tsveta
04-28-2006, 01:55 PM
What was your experience in finding a job in Canada? How long it took you to find your perfect job? Share your good or bad experience with us.

lookingforjob
04-28-2006, 01:58 PM
I found my first IT contract in Canada less than a month after I landed. There weren't many jobs at that time, because the economy was in bad shape after the dot com bubble. I still haven't find a perfect job, that's why I'm focusing more on high-paying jobs :D

Toni
04-28-2006, 02:55 PM
Well I got my first job relatively fast but it was a short contract for McGill University (I was teaching Art Hystory)Then I've decided that I want to be a teacher and now I study... For an artist is not easy, I am serious. :confused:

lana
04-28-2006, 08:40 PM
I found my first IT contract in Canada less than a month after I landed. There weren't many jobs at that time, because the economy was in bad shape after the dot com bubble. I still haven't find a perfect job, that's why I'm focusing more on high-paying jobs :D

Good for you lookingforjob. I found my job in 2 months, actually a recruiter found me. I had an online Resume. Are we talking about our first job here?

contractor
04-29-2006, 08:38 PM
I found my first job in four months but it was 10 years ago and the economic situation was not very good. After that it was relatively easy. I work on contracts and I look for job every year now.

SDuncan
05-01-2006, 08:27 AM
I got my first job four months after graduation. In the last year of University I was working as a coop student and continued working there afterwards. I wanted to find something new and it didn’t take that long.

Tim
05-01-2006, 04:52 PM
Got mine within a month.
I had already scoped out the job fields etc and I was happy with what I found.

I feel sorry for people who had to wait months!

Vera
05-02-2006, 09:04 AM
I can'y say it was easy finding my first job but it wasn't that bad either. With all the licensing that I needed it took me 4 months.

ramaly
05-02-2006, 11:16 AM
It took me aroud 6 months to get a decent job but I'm still looking for the dream job.

mika
05-02-2006, 01:11 PM
Not that bad ei, I found a contract in a month after i Landed. I was very depressed at the beginning but now i feel gooood. :p

whitey
05-04-2006, 03:01 AM
I found a contract job after 3 weeks or so. Pretty easy if you ask me.
It depends on your field of work too, but generally the job market is great here.

anderson
05-05-2006, 09:12 AM
My first job was no very easy to find but after that I can’t complain. I found my second job within a month.
:D

Ronin
05-07-2006, 11:42 PM
Stop spamming this thread, thank you.

TO answer the question of the topic - it took me 5 weeks to find a job :)