Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : salary negotiation

lana
05-08-2006, 09:16 AM
I think it is time to negotiate my salary, especially now when our performance evaluations are due but I’m not sure how to approach my manager. Any tips will be appreciated.

Thanks

lookingforjob
05-08-2006, 12:20 PM
Are you a permanent employee? What is your profession?

lana
05-09-2006, 08:28 AM
I am a permanent employee in Sales. I work on commission and have a base salary.

Tim
05-09-2006, 08:58 PM
You need to point out what you've done to improve yourself, and why you deserve a raise.
Have you made more sales?
The company want to know you're worth the extra money.

Tsveta
05-10-2006, 11:12 AM
I think it is time to negotiate my salary, especially now when our performance evaluations are due but I’m not sure how to approach my manager. Any tips will be appreciated.

Thanks

If you feel that you have contributed to the company, have added more accounts to the list of clients then approach your boss/manager directly. I prefer the direct approach. There will be no misunderstanding that way.

lana
05-11-2006, 08:33 AM
Thank you for your comments! Our performance evaluation reports are due by the end of the month and if they don't offer me a raise I will ask for it.

lookingforjob
05-11-2006, 10:20 AM
You should definitely ask for it. I have seen many permanent employees working hard, getting the same salary year after year. If nothing else your salary has to be adjusted for inflation, which means 2-3% increase (this is the inflation according to the government, which is way below the real rates of inflation).

workaholic
05-12-2006, 09:48 PM
The best advice I can give is to have tangible numbers for your boss. Instead of saying "I increased revenue" say "I brought in 3% more business." or something like that. Good luck with the evaluation :)

Ladyluck
05-15-2006, 02:33 AM
The best advice I can give is to have tangible numbers for your boss. Instead of saying "I increased revenue" say "I brought in 3% more business." or something like that. Good luck with the evaluation :)

Of course. If you have hard numbers, then use those. most likely the boss will be aware of your numbers though.

Administrator
05-15-2006, 07:54 AM
Some employees can show tangible numbers for improved revenue, improved productivity, and bringing in new clients, but some can't. It depends on your job responsibilities and your position. Nevertheless this shouldn't stop you from asking for a raise :).

Tricky
05-15-2006, 06:43 PM
Give them the impression that they need you and you dont need them.
If they really do need you and feel you may be looking elsewhere for a job, they will give you a raise.
________
CR110 ("http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_CR110") http://kipoker.net/