Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : I have experience but no degree

john78
05-09-2006, 09:13 AM
I have the following problem-I have more than 10 years of experience but I don't have a degree. This gives me a hard time to find a decent job and usually it is not well paid. I realize that I need to get a certificate but I don't have time. Any advice?

Tsveta
05-10-2006, 10:52 AM
It may sound trivial to you but I would get a diploma if I were you. You can get a part time job and study. There are so many options for people who want to study. Or just give yourself a year off to study and then you will find a job easy and you will be satisfied by the result.

john78
05-11-2006, 08:52 AM
I always knew that but I ignored it. I have a family and if I start to study I won't have time to spend with them. I should seriously start to consider that option though.

:o

lookingforjob
05-11-2006, 10:27 AM
Hi John,

What is your line of work. If you give us more details, we might be able to help you.

Tim
05-11-2006, 07:10 PM
I think degrees are overated.
You dont need it. Believe me, with 10 years experience any employer would be nuts not to hire you.

bongi
05-26-2006, 11:40 AM
I think degrees are overated.
You dont need it. Believe me, with 10 years experience any employer would be nuts not to hire you.

True, but with a degree you can ask for a higher rate! And it makes a big difference.