Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Hate the U.S.: Must move to Canada!

Arielle
05-09-2006, 07:41 PM
Hi there.
I am a progressive with a Master's degree in Sociology who desperately needs to get out of the U.S.!! I'm sick of the politics, the GW/Cheney's, lack of health care, and the unemployment!!:eek: I have a partner of 11 years who will move with me. Neither of us have Visa's/permits or job prospects in Canada. Now, I just want everyone to know that I am not delusional--I do not believe Canada is the greatest place ever, but it sure as hell beats the U.S.--no matter how you look at it. (just take social indicators, for example!)

I don't have a clue about how to get to Canada. :confused: I need basic Canada 101 beginner's training. Please help.

I've done some research but I'm finding it pretty difficult.

Thanks in advance everyone.
Glad to be on the message boards!

Arielle

Administrator
05-10-2006, 09:28 AM
Hi Arielle,

You can apply to come to Canada as a skilled worker. You can find all the information you need from Citizenship and Immigration Canada official website - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.html

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Arielle
05-10-2006, 07:25 PM
Thanks so much. I did review this website in the past. A friend of mine sent it to me. I believe I scored a 75 or so. The question I wasn't so sure on was in regards to employment. I would say I have been employed full time for 1 1/2 years and 1 1/2 years have been more part time. So, that question was kind of difficult.

I guess I could improve my score if I learned French. However, the longer it takes, the older I get and that could drop me a few points on the age category. Canada is so ageist! LOL!! ;) :p

Curious if anyone else out there is wanting to move to Canada or has because of the Nazi backward politics of the U.S.?

Administrator
05-11-2006, 08:26 AM
Your work experience should be enough, but you might want to confirm that from official source. Do not waste your time to learn French, unless you're planning to settle in Quebec. Keep in mind that the application process is lengthy and the sooner you apply, the better.

This is Canadian job board and we try to keep out politics as much as we can. I would appreciate if you do so and help us in this regard :).

Regards,