Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Cold calling

john78
05-11-2006, 08:45 AM
Is cold calling better that posting your resume on the internet and waiting for somebody to call you?

Administrator
05-11-2006, 10:13 AM
You can do both, I don't see problem with that. Instead of calling the employers directly, you can call recruiters and ask them if they have position(s) matching your skills and experience. In my experience posting your resume online and making it accessible for recruiters and employers works very well too.

lookingforjob
05-11-2006, 10:25 AM
As Peter said you better contact several recruiters and establish personal relation with them. Send them your resume and try to convince them that you are qualified professional and if they send you to an interview you have good chances to get the job.

Cold calling is very time consuming in my experience and most likely won’t help you finding a job.

Tsveta
05-12-2006, 09:19 AM
I would say do both, but do selective cold calling, if I may use that term. Call recruiters and leave messages and follow-up in a couple of days. Update your resume regularly too.

workaholic
05-12-2006, 09:40 PM
I do cold to find out who is hiring and for what position and the name of the hiring manager. I've never worked with a recruiter before but that sounds like really good advice in regards to establishing a relationship with them. Usually big companies use their services to fill the "good" jobs :)

Ronin
05-21-2006, 06:42 PM
Im not a fan of cold calling. Ive "old emailed" before. That doesnt work well though, you dont really get a reply.

I think you'd have to be very lucky to score a job through cold calling.

john78
06-28-2006, 08:21 AM
I went to a course that was teaching that cold calling and networking are the keys to find a good job. Somehow I believe more in the networking that the cold calling