Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Online Resume

ching
05-12-2006, 12:56 PM
I was thinking, instead of sending my resume by email as attachment isn't it a better idea to email cover letter with a link to my online resume? What do you think?

Luke333
05-13-2006, 11:21 AM
I don't think it's a good idea. The recruiter will probably want to print your resume. Better submit an e-mail attachment so that when he or she prints it, the formatting will be fine.

workaholic
05-13-2006, 07:28 PM
It's always best to do what the recruiter asks. This shows that you can follow directions an important trait in a potential candidate. You can put your resume online and perhaps include a link to it AS WELL AS include the resume as an attachment.

Tsveta
05-15-2006, 07:54 AM
It's always best to do what the recruiter asks. This shows that you can follow directions an important trait in a potential candidate. You can put your resume online and perhaps include a link to it AS WELL AS include the resume as an attachment.

In my experience they don't bother to check your resume online. As workaholic pointed out, include a link to your resume in your .doc file but always send an attachment. The recruiters are lazy and they prefer the old fashioned way. :o

lana
05-18-2006, 10:33 AM
I was thinking, instead of sending my resume by email as attachment isn't it a better idea to email cover letter with a link to my online resume? What do you think?

Good idea but I would send both - my Resume and a link to the online resume.
They may need to printed out or file it or who knows.