Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Immigration Processing

coyne20
04-17-2008, 05:01 PM
Hi everyone

Im kinda new to this forum so go easy on me. I am an IT professional with just over 3 years of experience and I have applied for immigration permanent residency (skilled worker) in canada from the UK. A few questions:

1. What long does it take realistically for your application to be processed?
2. If I am called in for an interview by the canadian immigration consultate,
what kind of questions do they ask?
3. The fact that I have worked in Canada for 3 months, would it be an
advantage?

your responses would be greatly appreciated.

with kind regards

Akash

coyne20
04-18-2008, 02:30 PM
Hi everyone

Im kinda new to this forum so go easy on me. I am an IT professional with just over 3 years of experience and I have applied for immigration permanent residency (skilled worker) in canada from the UK. A few questions:

1. What long does it take realistically for your application to be processed?
2. If I am called in for an interview by the canadian immigration consultate,
what kind of questions do they ask?
3. The fact that I have worked in Canada for 3 months, would it be an
advantage?

your responses would be greatly appreciated.

with kind regards

Akash

Sorry for question 1, I meant to say How long does it take realistically for an application to be processed?

Tsveta
04-21-2008, 11:09 AM
I think in UK the consulate is very busy. It usually takes 1-2 years to process your documents but it can be longer.

As for the questions they ask - you education, employment history, family, everything...Why do you want to go to Canada....
All sorts of questions.

coyne20
04-28-2008, 05:31 PM
I think in UK the consulate is very busy. It usually takes 1-2 years to process your documents but it can be longer.

As for the questions they ask - you education, employment history, family, everything...Why do you want to go to Canada....
All sorts of questions.

Do you know of any resources where by I can get/find a detailed set of questions that they could potentially ask me?

juju
05-06-2008, 06:46 PM
Hi,
I'm not sure if there is any resources you can go for the set questions they ask to intending applicants. Tsveta is right they would probably ask you questions about your employment experiences in UK etc. And most certainly why you would want to come over to Canada. I think every job application is different and they would certainly ask question pertaining to the job and the person who applied. Be as you are is the best thing.
Good Luck
juju