Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Fear of flying

lana
05-15-2006, 08:19 AM
I've read somewhere that around 20 million people in North America are afraid of flying and this of course can interfere with their career. It is very interesting because I've never thought about it and I have a friend who is afraid of flying and she had a very hard time because she had to go on a business trip to Sydney, Australia. You just can't take the bus or the train..... So what do you do? Quit your job?

lookingforjob
05-15-2006, 10:33 AM
I always ask when I go to an interview if the position requires travelling. I don't have problem flying but only when I'm going on vacation. I don't get contracts involving travelling, unless they are very well paid.

workaholic
05-15-2006, 03:30 PM
Some people take meds like valium to help them relax or sleep the whole way through. I don't have a fear of flying but if I did I would definitely ask up front if the job entailed any type of travel, how far and how often. I guess it is a matter of is the job worth the aggravation?

Tricky
05-15-2006, 06:51 PM
conquer your fear!
It can be overcome and I think its a great chance for someone to tackle their fear head on.
If you have to do something, you generally get through it.
________
volcano classic review (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/volcano)

Tsveta
05-16-2006, 07:56 AM
I've read somewhere that around 20 million people in North America are afraid of flying and this of course can interfere with their career. It is very interesting because I've never thought about it and I have a friend who is afraid of flying and she had a very hard time because she had to go on a business trip to Sydney, Australia. You just can't take the bus or the train..... So what do you do? Quit your job?

Wow, twenty million people, I’ve never known that.
I wouldn't consider a job that requires travel if I had a fear of flying. Simple as that.