Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Disclosing Information

ralph
05-15-2006, 02:37 PM
I am a student in the allied health field and I recently withdrew from a training program. Certification is not necessary in this field, nor is training if the employer is willing to train the new hire. The question remaining is do i have an obligation to put down that i withdrew from the program on my resume? cover letter? should i mention it in my interview?

ralph

Toni
05-15-2006, 07:08 PM
I wouldn't do that.You are the one to choose what to include in your Resume and what not and of course highlight the experience and skills you want and feel that are importnat.

Luke333
05-16-2006, 06:33 AM
How significant is this training program? Although not mandatory, if it is widely taken, maybe you should think twice before withholding the information.

I think it's about what would a normal employer "expect" in such a situation.

Tsveta
05-16-2006, 08:25 AM
How long did you study? Were you nearly finishing the training? All employers like to hear that you are willing to learn and improve your skills, so I don't see why you can't mention it. You can always say that the training didn't turn out the way you expected and you preferred to withdraw until you find a better program....

lookingforjob
05-16-2006, 12:16 PM
If you are not obligated to disclose this information, then it's up to you if you mentioned it or not. Do not mention it if it's going to make a bad impression.