Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Why do you want to work for our company?

futurepop
05-17-2006, 08:38 AM
Hi there, I have an interesting interview question for you. How will answer if asked "Why do you want to work for our company?". In most cases you just need a job and will be happy to work for any company.... but I guess you have to make them feel special and do some research before the interview.
Any suggestions?

Thanks

lookingforjob
05-17-2006, 09:50 AM
This question is a tricky one for me, as I do only contracts and I don't care very much about the company I work for. I do my job just fine, but I'm not really interested what line of business the company is in.

lana
05-18-2006, 10:28 AM
Hi there, I have an interesting interview question for you. How will answer if asked "Why do you want to work for our company?". In most cases you just need a job and will be happy to work for any company.... but I guess you have to make them feel special and do some research before the interview.
Any suggestions?

Thanks

Yes it is important. Before the interview you should make a research about the company. What do they do, what is their business. It's your homework, especially if you apply for a permanent position. So you answer appropriately.

:)

Luke333
05-19-2006, 08:18 AM
A good way to approach the issue is to make it not only about you, but also about the employer. Although the question is aimed at you, you can answer something like: "I think there is a good fit between the company and myself."

Tsveta
05-19-2006, 09:31 AM
You can answer something generic, like Luke suggested or you do your research and say something like - "It was my dream to work in advertizing. It will give me a chance to meet a lot of people. I am an extrovert by nature and I want to work for a big company."

Simon
05-24-2006, 08:40 AM
I guess this is not so difficult to answer in my case besauce I want a career change. :)

RRCSTUDENT
09-29-2006, 01:12 PM
I guess this is not so difficult to answer in my case besauce I want a career change. :)

Simon, Yes, you want a career change, but ask yourself: How can this company provide that change? What were you doing before and how can that experience help you and that company? It's your chance to shine!!! USE IT!!!!

Nick
11-06-2006, 03:39 PM
See what the company does and read up on the field they work in.. for example, if its a bank, know some recent financial highlights around the world, and talk about it as if you know it..be confident, with a touch of arrogance, but dont overdo it.. let me know what happens

Nick

Tsveta
11-16-2006, 08:35 AM
I would suggest no matter if you want a career change or a job in the same industry, before the interview do some research about the company! Employers are always flattered if they hear you know what their company does.

zoobird
11-19-2006, 05:47 AM
You should definitely do some research about the company in any case. But if there's nothing about the company that stands out to you, give a specific answer about the job description itself that contracts it with your current/previous job - "I'm excited about the opportunity because it sounds like I'll be doing a lot more programming than in my current job.".

Ascended
11-19-2006, 09:31 AM
yah essentially this is the bs/suck up question, but if you sincerely want to work there then you can make it a genuine response, and hilite how u can benefit the company and vice versa.