Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : New line of work

Simon
05-18-2006, 11:52 AM
Hi
I fell that I don't like my job and I want to quit but I want to get a job in a new field, something completely different from what I'm doing now. I work as a business analyst (which I really hate at the moment) and I want to start doing something more creative, work in an university, doing a research, that kind of thing.... I was wondering if I will be able to change professions considering that I don't have any experience in the new field. What do you think?

Tsveta
05-19-2006, 09:39 AM
You can always try. If you don’t try, you'll hate yourself for that. As a business analyst you are doing some research right now and this could be a benefit when applying for a research position. Well if it is a completely different field, I don't know. If you are a business analyst for IT company and want to work in a research team for Molecular biology, you don't have a chance. You have to consider a new degree first. :)

Ladyluck
05-21-2006, 05:49 PM
Yes you can do whatever you put your mind to.
Dont be held back and dont be scared.

Learn all you need to learn and go for it!

lana
05-24-2006, 08:31 AM
I would suggest to research the new industry very well, learn who hires, and rewrite your Resume. Then start cold calling and emailing Resumes.

lookingforjob
05-24-2006, 09:03 AM
If you hate your job, then go for it. You can learn new skills and you can take formal educational courses too. Working something you like is way better than a lousy job you hate.

April
05-29-2006, 10:00 PM
If you hate your job, then go for it. You can learn new skills and you can take formal educational courses too. Working something you like is way better than a lousy job you hate.

Do you recommend someone quit their job straight out or not to quit until they find a new job?
It can be tough going for job interviews if you are still at another job :cool:

Tsveta
05-30-2006, 01:12 PM
I would look for job while i'm still employed. When i find a new one I will give may notice and leave.

whitey
05-31-2006, 09:47 PM
Just dont get caught at job sites on the job.. boy that can lead to trouble.
I did it once and the boss found out, asked me what i was doing.. haha